“Wonderful stay in charming accommodation.”
Review of Lei Chambris

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Salernes
Lei Chambris
Ranked #6 of 8 Salernes B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed Lei Chambris for a week in June and found it to be the most remarkably relaxing and comfortable place. I stayed in the studio (amandine) and didn't want to leave finding the surroundings totally magical. Pamela was a fantastic host and greatly added to the overall ambience of the place. I couldn't recommend this place enough and can't wait to return. Soon!

Room Tip: The studio was absolutely fantastic. The log cabin looks great as does the rooms attached to the mai...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Michael J
There are newer reviews for Lei Chambris

Reviewed August 27, 2013

My wife and I visited Lei Chambris and stayed at the log cabin for our honeymoon. The location is perfect for exploring and the cabin itself is very secluded and romantic. There is a wonderful pool and the grounds are beautifully maintained. Pamela who owns the property is very very helpful and thoughtful and could not do enough for us in terms of advice on the local area, she even booked a table at a local restaurant for us when we arrived. Many reading this review would be forgiven that I am looking at this experience through "rose tinted glasses" as it was our honeymoon but honestly I cannot speak highly enough of this venue and Pamela. The cabin is basic in amenities as you would expect ( you cannot necessarily have all mod cons with amount of seclusion offered by this particular accommodation and for that reason one of Pamela's other offerings might suit people with young children better ) but for a couple wanting a complete getaway and total privacy the cabin was perfect for us and the welcome received was fantastic! We will definitely be going again

Room Tip: Look to one of Pamela's other accommodation options if you have small children as the cabin is b...
6  Thank stewartgreenwood
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have been to Lei Chambris twice now. Both times in October. This to me is a little piece of heaven on earth. A getaway full of tranquility and beauty, but not too far removed from the main town to feel isolated. Not only was the service warm, but there was nothing the owner Pamela Lowther could not do for me. She endeavored to make my stay as wonderful as possible. There is something here for everyone, single people, couples and families. Everyone is catered for.in some way. Everything from the service, the food and the quality of the rooms is of a very high standard. The grounds and property are absolutely stunning, and I will continue to go back to Lei Chambris for as long as I can. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful and unique in their own way, and will cater to anyone's tastes, eith...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank lisaannejenkins
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed at Lei Chambris for a week and it was wonderful. We had booked the poolside studio and were very happy with our choice. The studio was clean and smelled very fresh. The most romantic was to find chilled wine and fresh roses waiting us. It was our first time in the area so we were very happy that the hostess was helpful and friendly with us. She gave us tips which road to take and what places to visit, she had also booked a restaurant for us on the arrival night.
The property in general looked very beautiful with blooming flowers and a nice clean pool.
Even the bit of rain and thunder we got for a couple of nights we felt we were on holiday and enjoyed ourselves very very much.
We are definitely planning to go back next year.

4  Thank MiaKesamaa
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We found this place on the internet after looking for a retreat for the summer.
Lei Chambris is exactly as pictured, a lovely sunny, peaceful holiday.

We stayed in the cabin, which was very comfortable and tucked away from the other properties. We were welcomed by Pamela after a very long drive with a chilled bottle of wine in the fridge. The cabin was clean, with a beautiful stream running past it, a little kitchenette and separate bathroom. On first arrival it seemed warm, but it soon cooled down at night. My only reservation was that there were not many sockets, and perhaps you could have done with an extra light in the main room.

The pool was lovely, and plenty of sun loungers.

Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

This holiday was a complete retreat, and if you are looking for something secluded- PERFECT.

We like to go out for meals in the evening and sample the local resturants, and while there were some amazing resturants in Salernes and Villecroze they are a good 40 minute walk away. This is fine for the way there, but things get very dark and it can be very tricky to get back to. They have never heard of a taxi/bus.....so be prepared to have a designated driver! We did however walk back each night (we ate in twice) with torches and bike lights!

It was a relaxing holiday, where time stands still- take the mosquito spray!!!

1  Thank jennyrandall14
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed at the Amandine Studio for an hour after a 7-hour drive from Italy.
The studio was really dirty: the floor was full of dirt and dust, the sheets were not clean and the toilette was just not hygenic!!
Plus there was no tv (..but it was mentioned on the description of the studio).
Also the outside of the studio was a mess: the trampoline was old and full of rust, the BBQ was very greasy and it looked as it had just been used, the pool was very dirty.
It's not the kind of place anyone would want to go to for a nice holiday.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank SineLori
leichambris, Owner at Lei Chambris, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

How very sad -------to travel for seven hours, and then spend one hour here and write such slating comments !!

I welcomed these guests,one in a wheelchair ,and offered them a choice of accommodation as we had the apartment available at this time too.They chose the studio feeling that it was closer to the pool.I helped them with their luggage and assured them that we were here to help and to please let us know if there was ever anything we could do.

They seemed happy ,but one hour later returned and asked for their balance payment back ,which was given to them.I was surprised at this decision as we have very happy guests here,most not wanting to leave .

The studio was cleaned thoroughly that morning,and was immaculate,I checked it myself.The toilet had been used during their short stay but in no way was it unhygenic.
There is a picture taken of an old washing line in the vegetable garden which is not in use !!
The swimming pool is cleaned every day and gives our guests much enjoyment --in no way was it dirty.
The terrace and private barbecue area were cleaned that day.
I find it extraordinary that in one hour this couple had so many photos but not one which captures the sheer beauty of this place ------makes me question the reasoning behind this trip.

Our aim here is to make our guests stay as pleasurable as possible, and we have many who return each year,and it's so wonderful to see their happy faces.

Pamela Lowther
Owner

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed in the Gite at Lei Chambris for 9 nights during our honeymoon and it was perfect. Pamela welcomed us and looked after us! It is away from the main house and away from the road so we truly felt able to enjoy our time alone to relax! We had many fabulous evenings in the gite, BBQing, cooking and drinking fabulous wine. It is a great base for day trips to the Gorges du Verdon (breathtaking canyon!), Sillans la Cascade, Avignon, Aix en Provence (climb Mount St Victoire and see Cezanne's studio!). There is an amazing beauty salon nearby with the best massages I've ever had (Anis et Chocolat - Angelique is a star!). I want to go back now even writing this!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple