“lovely stay as always”

The Case Restaurant with Rooms
Ranked #1 of 15 Sudbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Myself and partner had another excellent Saturday nights stay at The Case. As always Linda was so very welcoming and it always feels like we are visiting my mum as Linda makes us feel so much at home, and makes sure the stay is as comfortable as possible. She has a very rare way that makes you feel easy and like you've known her forever. As always the room we stayed in was top notch. Thick towels warming on the towel rail, good quality smellies, a large bath, which to us is always a bonus as we do prefer a good soak before dinner, but quite often in hotels there is only a shower which doesn't hit the spot quite the same. So saying that there was a good power shower over the bath too so best of both worlds depending on your preferance. Super comfy bed, large screen tv, tea and coffee tray with yummy and I do mean yummy home made cookies in a jar, and flask of fresh milk, rather than the silly little pods usually offered. There is also a little basket of assorted sweet and savory snacks to buy on honesty and paid for at check out should you get an attack of the munchies. Excellent wi fi connection straight into our ipod and ipad which to us is another important factor. As usual lovely warm snuggly room. The only criticism I do have is that there is no welcome folder giving times for breakfast and dinner, and whether there is room service offered should you fancy a sandwich or more in the room. But its no big deal as obviously you can just pop over and ask. It was a busy Saturday night when we went for dinner. Kayla and chef Antony were away on hols so Barry was kept ultra busy in the kitchen as I believe he had been all week, and Linda and her two lovely young ladies where also kept really busy in front of house. The food as always was delicious. My partner started with leek and potato soup which he thoroughly enjoyed, whilst I had filo wrapped duck in sauce which was lovely. Onto mains and partner had the signature Case burger, which arrived beautifully presented with thin cut chips and looked mouthwatering, and indeed was according to him. I plumped for the trio of lamb with new potatoes and root veg, which was succulent and the lamb cooked to perfection. We both decided on ice cream afters. Three scoops each to choose, from a long list of lovely flavours. Must say it was a very difficult choice, but partner went for vanilla and mint choc chip whilst I went for hazelnut, peanut butter and nuttella. Lip smackingly good. The whole evening was lovely and Linda and her ladies made sure we had a thoroughly relaxing time. A quick mention too for the home made breads offered on arrival at our table. The choices were great, and it was so good to be offered decent home made bread rather than the thin nothingness that is sometimes served in restaurants. Both being stuffed to bursting we had a great nights sleep when heads hit the pillows. Next mornings breakfast did not disappoint either. Served in the light sunny conservatory fresh orange juice and decent little tea pots of tea, ,then other half had full english with locally sourced produce, whilst I had a large bap filled with bacon and vine tomatoes and mushrooms to accompany. The home made bread toasted was also served. Really really good. We never feel like leaving as we always have a great time. Sudbury is just up the road and its nice to have a wander around on Saturday afternoon too. We want to say a big thanks to Linda, Barry and their great team for another memorable stay at The Case. Always making their guests feel so very welcome.

Room Tip: All rooms are very good, a good quality stay.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 9, 2013

As a foreigner, it is not easy to get decent accommodation, especially if you are traveling with a 6m trailer.
Now I was allowed to stay for the second time in The Case, although everyone knew what about came up with me. It was a very friendly and warm welcome, everyone seems to be happy to see each other again.
Very friendly and cheerfull Staff, who take care about one even when it takes a little longer with my english.
I can only highly recommend this accommodation.

Linda, we see us again !!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Me and my sister stayed her for a night away for her birthday, we had dinner in there restaurant and it was fantastic. It's a family ran business and it really has that little personal touch. Also I am a lover of wine and it did have some little gems on there wine list. The rooms are well maintained, I did find it very hot in the room I was in and not really any way to cool it, but still a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Wonderful food
Went for lunch this time, our second visit after booking a night stay with dinner the first time, once again everything was wonderful. The food was superb, I tried the homemade ice cream the favours were very different not what you would usually get and very moreish. We will be going back again. Well worth the drive to get there
Fiona & Trevor

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed here for my birthday, service excellent and meal great especially the salted caramel ice cream.
Room was small but very clean and warm.
Will defiantly return .
The breakfast was lovely and the bacon so good.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I took advantage of a Travelmole deal which meant that the package of room, any starter and main course plus a glass of wine included for a very attractive price warranted a treat of a night away. I have to say that the value was exceptional. The room was modern and clean as was the bathroom. Only slight criticisms were the lack of hot water for the shower in the morning, and because the rooms are based on the old American motel plan, the carpet was a little dirty as you entered the room due to a lack of mat or intermediate area between the outside and the bedroom itself.
The food was very good indeed, along with a very friendly smiley service by all the staff. The ambiance was similarly very good...so all in all it would be churlish to criticise this establishment on any basis.
Recommended!

1  Thank McDColdNorton
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Visited The Case on Friday evening with a Groupon Voucher, after the last restaurant I was a bit aprehensive to say the least. However as soon as we entered the restaurant we were greeted and shown seats. The staff got out drinks we ordered whilst we chose our meal. The staff are very polite and attentive. The fresh bread buns were lovely whilst we waited for our starters. I had Tiger prawns in a crepe and my husband had the Scotch egg, neither could be faulted. For mains i had the Pork with Chorizo sausage which was very tender and tasty and my husband had the Trio of Lamb. It was really nice and well presented. Unfortunately neither of us could fit a pudding in, but the cappucino's were good as wel. Thank you would definately visit again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sudbury
The Mill Hotel
The Old Rectory Country House
The Old Rectory Country House
#1 of 1 in Great Waldingfield
Clay Hall House Luxury B&B

Been to The Case Restaurant with Rooms? Share your experiences!