Myself and partner had another excellent Saturday nights stay at The Case. As always Linda was so very welcoming and it always feels like we are visiting my mum as Linda makes us feel so much at home, and makes sure the stay is as comfortable as possible. She has a very rare way that makes you feel easy and like you've known her forever. As always the room we stayed in was top notch. Thick towels warming on the towel rail, good quality smellies, a large bath, which to us is always a bonus as we do prefer a good soak before dinner, but quite often in hotels there is only a shower which doesn't hit the spot quite the same. So saying that there was a good power shower over the bath too so best of both worlds depending on your preferance. Super comfy bed, large screen tv, tea and coffee tray with yummy and I do mean yummy home made cookies in a jar, and flask of fresh milk, rather than the silly little pods usually offered. There is also a little basket of assorted sweet and savory snacks to buy on honesty and paid for at check out should you get an attack of the munchies. Excellent wi fi connection straight into our ipod and ipad which to us is another important factor. As usual lovely warm snuggly room. The only criticism I do have is that there is no welcome folder giving times for breakfast and dinner, and whether there is room service offered should you fancy a sandwich or more in the room. But its no big deal as obviously you can just pop over and ask. It was a busy Saturday night when we went for dinner. Kayla and chef Antony were away on hols so Barry was kept ultra busy in the kitchen as I believe he had been all week, and Linda and her two lovely young ladies where also kept really busy in front of house. The food as always was delicious. My partner started with leek and potato soup which he thoroughly enjoyed, whilst I had filo wrapped duck in sauce which was lovely. Onto mains and partner had the signature Case burger, which arrived beautifully presented with thin cut chips and looked mouthwatering, and indeed was according to him. I plumped for the trio of lamb with new potatoes and root veg, which was succulent and the lamb cooked to perfection. We both decided on ice cream afters. Three scoops each to choose, from a long list of lovely flavours. Must say it was a very difficult choice, but partner went for vanilla and mint choc chip whilst I went for hazelnut, peanut butter and nuttella. Lip smackingly good. The whole evening was lovely and Linda and her ladies made sure we had a thoroughly relaxing time. A quick mention too for the home made breads offered on arrival at our table. The choices were great, and it was so good to be offered decent home made bread rather than the thin nothingness that is sometimes served in restaurants. Both being stuffed to bursting we had a great nights sleep when heads hit the pillows. Next mornings breakfast did not disappoint either. Served in the light sunny conservatory fresh orange juice and decent little tea pots of tea, ,then other half had full english with locally sourced produce, whilst I had a large bap filled with bacon and vine tomatoes and mushrooms to accompany. The home made bread toasted was also served. Really really good. We never feel like leaving as we always have a great time. Sudbury is just up the road and its nice to have a wander around on Saturday afternoon too. We want to say a big thanks to Linda, Barry and their great team for another memorable stay at The Case. Always making their guests feel so very welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A restaurant with rooms where personal service and customer satisfaction is all important. Situated in rural Suffolk with views over ajoining farmland we offer luxurious well presented rooms with many included extras alongside our, twenty year established restaurant, serving traditional and imaganitive dishes. A family business where little things mean a lot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Case Restaurant with Rooms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Case Restaurant With Rooms Hotel Sudbury
- The Case Restaurant With Rooms Sudbury, Suffolk