“My birthday dinner.”

Case Restaurant with Rooms
Reserve with OpenTable
Case Restaurant with Rooms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 93 Restaurants in Sudbury
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Ipswich, England, United Kingdom
“My birthday dinner.”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Very nice welcome, and lounge area to have a drink before being seated for our meal. Starter was the best course of the 3. Steak was large and a bit over done, more well done than medium to well. But still nice. The desserts were a bit disappointing, no real chocolate desserts and not enough to pick from.
We will go again as only 20 from we're we live, hope they change the menu on a regular basis.

• Visited September 2013

Loxwood
“Lovely food and friendly staff”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were in Suffolk on a short break to celebrate our anniversary. We found this restaurant on Trip Advisor and weren't disappointed.
The welcome was very friendly and efficient and the restaurant itself is very smart, minimalist and modern, but the chairs are very comfortable - not always the case with modern!
The menu was quite extensive and the service was very friendly and quick. The bread with a surprise filling of olives and tomatoes was great and unexpected - olive or tomato bread usually has small pieces chopped into it - not stuffed full.
My trio of lamb was overcooked, but still very tasty and I think it could have done with a little jus, but perhaps that was just due to the overcooking. My husband's mackerel was delicious with a very novel combination of salad/mozzarella and beetroot which he loved.
A shame it was a quiet Monday, but I imagine if the restaurant was full it would be buzzing - perhaps next time we're in the area!

• Visited September 2013
Thorrington, null, United Kingdom
“Excellent restaurant and great accommodation”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My wife took me for a surprise getaway for my birthday and it was fantastic. We had dinner, bed and breakfast for £69 through group on which is fantastic value. They also do their own offer for £79 for the same deal if Group on isn't available.

I had one of the best meals I have had in a long time, the food was presented really well and was cooked perfectly with great flavours. I had the sirloin steak for main course and it was cooked to perfection and was one of the best steaks I have ever eaten. Ordered a lovely bottle of red to go with dinner and was really nice to not have to worry about taxis or one of us having to drive.

The accomodation was very nice, we got a free upgrade as they were fairly quiet at the end of the bank holiday weekend, so that was an added bonus. Room was modern, clean and had a nice courtyard area at the rear.

Would highly recommend this place, the owners were really friendly and made you feel so relaxed and welcome in a very natural way.

Hope to vist again soon and would highly recommend.

Cape Town, South Africa
“Understated gem the most amazing menu brilliantly executed”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This restaurant also has small but extremely comfortable rooms so not only can one enjoy the fabulous food, it's just so easy to stagger back to bed after enjoying the good wine. This is a restaurant/rooms that is loved by the owners and it shows. There are so many small but important touches that show incredible thought and care. Linda, one of the owners is just warmth personified. Excellence must be acknowledged and this ticked all the boxes and scored six out of five for everything!

I will certainly go back as soon as I can.

Clare, United Kingdom
“Amongst the best in Sudbury”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This restaurant with rooms has been favourably reviewed by a wide range of trip advisor members so I was expecting good things when I recently went for lunch - I'm glad to say I was not disappointed!

There was an extensive choice available from the good value set lunch, a comprehensive a la carte and on the Thursday I was there, a fresh fish special menu [also served a la carte].

The restaurant is very nicely appointed, with good furnishings and lovely decor. Unfortunately, as it was empty [probably due to it being the hottest day of the year!] there was little or no atmosphere. However, the service was friendly and helpful and the food was delicious.

For our main courses, I chose skate wings with a caesar salad and my wife had lemon sole with risotto - both were well up to our expectations.

There is a nice wine list and a good range of beers.

All in all, a good choice and well worth another visit.