“Very impressed with the quality of food!”
Review of The Wine Bar - CLOSED

The Wine Bar
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We open only on friday evenings providing live music and good food - from 7pm. It is advisable to phone for a reservation
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Having seen this on trip advisor I thought I would give it a try, and I have to say we were not disappointed ! The quality of the food was as hoped and reasonably priced, I would recommend the Tapas! The owner clearly loves his food and whilst friendly he was not overbearing! It's worth a visit if you are in the area!

1  Thank NicWest66

Reviewed June 4, 2013

The chef here has my highest praise but should be working somewhere else. The food here is absolutely second to none and he is the best fish chef I have ever experienced in the UK but the environment spoils it.When the owner david is around its terrific but when the girls are in charge its sloppy and street like.

3  Thank hcrow
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is in our local town and we`d not been there until I read the reviews by accident, when looking for something else. All I can say is that we will certainly be visiting again.

It is a lovely room, the service - by one young lady, was just brilliant, and the food was so tasty.
I had Whitebait to start, lovely big ones, then fillet of fresh mackerel, horseradish mash and lovely mix of perfectly cooked veg. The sauce was delicious, I think it was white wine, cream ,tarragon and black pepper, but whatever it was, it complimented the food brilliantly. The two course cost £10.50. Terrific value for such beautifully cooked and presented food.

The menu is small, but that is usually the case when food is prepared fresh. Can`t imagine you would not find anything you liked. There wasn`t anything on the menu that I wouldn`t have eaten.

Well done, local Suffolk food wins again.

1  Thank Welshwhitch
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Love it just love it. Great food and a great atmosphire. Service has a real personal touch. Agreat place to go as a couple or with friends.

2  Thank Mark_tinsley
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This place is a little gem .. reminiscent of an 80's wine bar/bistro with a lively bar trade ... but the food is fantastic from a small menu .. the service friendly and efficient ... We dined here on a Friday night and there was a bit of noise from the bar area that made it difficult to hear sometimes and that is the only reason for the 4 out of 5 from me ... This was our first visit but certainly not our last...