“Different and fun.”

The Secret Garden
Ranked #4 of 94 Restaurants in Sudbury
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: This establishment operates as a tea room Monday to Saturday during the daytime, and offers an evening restaurant service on Friday and Saturday evenings.
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I really like the standard of cooking here.not pretentious French cuisine more rustic .
Please offer more than one meat main because the one choice often sells out leaving only a vegetarian main. When I walk in and see the meat dish rubbed off the black board , I am embarrassed having to leave as I am not into vegetarian options.
Service can be very slow.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We often pop into the Secret Garden for coffee - mainly when it's sunny so we can bask in the "secret" garden at the back of the tea rooms. Very friendly staff and some great food on offer - not particularly cheap nor eye wateringly expensive. It's great to hear the French accent of (I believe) one of the owners who it is, I assume, offers French tuition as a side line to the business!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

It is some time since we visited the Secret Garden in Sudbury. This as a quaint little place only a couple of minutes walk from the Market Hill and yes it really does have a secret garden!

At lunch we had the choice of a few daily specials (typically grilled sea bass) or a tempting selection of light lunch items. I particularly enjoyed the smoked chicken with assorted dressed leaves and my wife loved her avocado and crayfish on baby spinach with a passionfruit and chilli dressing.

The home made bread (hot from the oven at noon!) with real butter, was simply sensational.

Maybe we should keep it a secret?

Reviewed July 30, 2012

The best thing about the Secret Garden is the staff, they make you feel so welcome and nothing is to much trouble, morning coffee and afternoon tea are both lovely.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

This place is simply sublime. A warm welcoming atmosphere, pleasant friendly staff and excellent food. On this occasion I only had time for a quick snack - homemade soup with artisan bread, and the best lemon cake I have ever tasted in my life. If you are ever remotely near Sudbury don't miss out on this heavenly place.