“Fantastic pub, food and drinks- friendly and warm everyone welcome freehouse!! 10/10”
Review of Saracens Head

Saracens Head
Ranked #19 of 94 Restaurants in Sudbury
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

September the wife and I stopped on the off chance for a meal, I had steak and she had a pie, we both said how good but I was nt convinced it wasnt a one off! So two weeks later we popped back to re investigate to my judgement it was getting better! (Yes a good local pub!!)
We then enquired about Xmas day and was given a menu! Booked for table of 12 that was our family Xmas sorted! Well I can tell anyone who wants a stress free Xmas book there, the pub was rammed and the food was 100/ spot on! All the family commented on how good and what a friendly place to eat!
If the land lady see's this I know I said thanks on the day, but really you and your staff made this Christmas so easy and enjoyable thanks again!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We took some friends here for a meal-It had been a while since we last visited.

Food is great with a vast choice and fairly priced.Surroundings are nice & clean & staff are attentive

Will visit again

1  Thank Littleboo1
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stumbled across this hidden gem a couple of years ago, and keep going back. The food is absolutely delicious, great authentic British pub nosh! Very cosy surroundings with a lovely atmosphere. Staff are incredibly welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. Would highly recommend this pub to anyone who wants tradition, great value for money and to roll out the door full and satisfied!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I was introduced to this fantastic pub for a works dinner. I was firstly struck by the welcoming staff and tranquil suroundings. This was only a taster of what was to come..... I was pleased to learn the serve Suffolk Aspalls cider, I found it very difficult to choose from the menu as all the dishes were very appealing. The Whitebait I had to start was the best I've ever tasted. The Pork Belly melted in my mouth. The food was fresh and served by the delightful waiting staff in an efficient fashion. The staff were friendly and welcoming. The lit fire added to the warmth of the place. I will go back with friends and family. Would recommend to anybody.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

i have eaten at this pub on several occasions and often take our staff here for our staff dinners. it is a beautiful pub with comfortable surroundings. it has so much history- 13 century infact with original features inside and out. the staff are very competent and friendly given most of them being very young.

the food is fantastic-the wide range of home cooked and prepared food is difficult to choose from. the pork belly is my fav along with steak pie and lamb fillets. you can shoose a roast most days and then on a sun you can choose from usually all 4! the portions are a good size and they are great value for money.

i even spent xmas day here once and that was fantastic value at £55 for 5 courses. i couldnt even fit any cheese and biscuits in which was laid out on a large table with big wedges of cheese and biscuits, bread,pickles and chutneys. everything is covered.

the beers and casks are all well looked after and great care and attention is looked at re nice glasses with slices of fruit where required.

one of the best pubs i have ever eaten in and i travel well over an hour to go here most times!!

there are 2 open lit fires for warmth in the winter and an old style bar billiards table in a tv / coffee room. its very cozy in the winter months and has a lovely secure beer garden overlooking a large pond for the summer!

superb!