Stayed for one night with my wife in a superior double room overlooking the meadows. Apparently these rooms are bigger than the basic rooms but was not sure what ( apart from room size) made this a superior room. This is a 4 star hotel but did not provide a shower cap. Was I expecting too much to expect a flannel? My wife was hoping for a dressing gown. We finally found the hairdryer in what looked like a shoe bag hanging in the 'wardrobe' space. I say 'space' because there were no wardrobe doors.
Reception advised us that 3 floors, including the kitchen were being refurbished. Due to various doors being open it mean't that the lobby was very cold.
Really liked the bar, the fire and the view. Staff were very friendly.
Due to the refurb did not attempt to eat at the hotel but would like to visit when all the work is completed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in breathtaking Suffolk countryside, The Mill Hotel is a beautifully converted water mill situated on the banks of the picturesque River Stour. Originally a working water mill, this converted historic building now boasts a completely refurbished contemporary interior. The merging of the old with the new, together with The Mill's imposing façade and stunning views guarantee a real wow factor for visitors and guests. The hotel is ideally situated for exploring and visiting the many tourist attractions and cultural sites in the area and the rich heritage of East Anglia's beautiful countryside and coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Mill Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elizabeth Hotel Mill Riverside
- Mill Hotel Sudbury
- Mill Sudbury
- The Mill Hotel Sudbury, Suffolk