“Comfortable & friendly experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hill Lodge Hotel

and 1 more site!
Hill Lodge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Sudbury
“Comfortable & friendly experience”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

The owner & hotel were lovely..both friendly & attentive,room 10 was also very nice & comfortable & the owners pet dog Polly was gorgeous & gave the stay a homely feeling for me..I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Long Melford, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Although I live locally, I had a house full of visitors, so needed to get away for a couple of nights. On arrival I was greeted by the owner who was polite and friendly. The room was clean with a comfortable bed, flat screen TV, tea and coffee and, most important to me, a shower (actually a wet room - even better).

The room I stayed in had a limited view but other rooms would have better - then again, I don't tend to stand looking out of the window al night!

Breakfast was a choice of either a light breakfast or a full English. Being a veggie, I was offered veggie sausages to replace the traditional meat bits.

Great stay with friendly and approachable staff.

As a foot note, we had our wedding reception at this hotel some years back. Fantastic day / evening and again the staff were brilliant.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 1.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Richmond-upon-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2011

my husband and i stayed three days over xmas,very friendly,the room was very clean and bright,breakfast on xmas morning was accompanied by a small gift,a very nice touch.will be using this hotel again.very friendly.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2011

This is a beautiful, family-run hotel. They are so nice, I could not reccomend a better place in Suffolk, England!!!

Room Tip: Please come here!
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Clacton - Essex
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Nice clean room, comfortable bed.
Lovely full english breakfast included in the price, very tasty.
Our room was to the front of the hotel, near the main road, and it was a little noisy with the passing traffic.
Otherwise good value for money and would stay here again

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Gravesend
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We have stayed here before and have not been disappointed. Basically you pay for what you get. It's not 5 star luxury but it's not 5 star cost. Our room on each occassion has been clean and confortable. The staff have always been very friendly and polite. The breakfast was very good with plenty of choice. We shall stay there again the next time we visit our relatives in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Wirral
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Hi, we stayed in the hotel on Saturday 4th June, 2011. We booked two double rooms. I found my room rather dirty, and shabby . The toilet had not been cleaned, and hairs everywhere in our room. The road noise was very bad, think I dropped off to sleep about 5am. I am trying to give some positive feed back, but just can not. Breakfast was basic which I understand is linked to the price I paid. This could be such a little goldmine if more TLC was to be given to the rooms, corridors, stairs, breakfast room & the outside. The staff were friendly.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Sudbury hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sudbury
The Mill Hotel
#8 of 16 in Sudbury
The Old Rectory Country House
The Old Rectory Country House
#1 of 1 in Great Waldingfield

Been to Hill Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!