“B&B Heaven”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hope
Long Mountain Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Hope B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Spacious bedroom, emaculate bathroom, delicious breakfast, and very welcoming hosts. We could not have expected or needed more for this two-night stay during our Broadway journey from Barmouth to Yarmouth. Completely lives up to (and beyond) its internet description.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
evegreg55, Owner at Long Mountain Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Many thanks for taking time to review your Long Mountain Bed and Breakfast experience. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We continually review how we work and put ourselves in our customer's shoes to understand how our customers feel and what hey expect from their stay.

We are also reassured by your comment that we live up to (and beyond) our internet description as it is essential to have happy guests and meet and exceed their expectations.

Thank you very much.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is the second time we have been here now and we love it. Superb accommodation, lovely breakfast and most of all fantastic hosts Evelyn and Mike who go that extra mile. This time was a special occasion made even more special by their hospitality.
The hotel is also very central to places to visit in both Wales and England and if you're stuck for ideas the hosts will surely put you right.
We will definitely come back again and again!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
evegreg55, Manager at Long Mountain Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Thank you for this review, Mike and I are thrilled that you enjoy staying here. We really enjoyed sharing in your celebration. We are amazed at how much you manage to squeeze into your time staying here, you're certainly well travelled, especially around Mid Wales and Shropshire!

We're looking forward to seeing you both in 2014.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Very nice place with lovely owners Evelyn and Mike. Very clean new rooms, excellent breakfast, peaceful place. Totally different experience than in the big hotel chains - in a good way. Luxury feeling! I would warmly recommend. For me the location was perfect, as I had business in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
evegreg55, Owner at Long Mountain Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank you for the review and we're so pleased that you chose to stay with us. Our guests often say that they've had a great night's sleep which is so important when working in the area.
We do hope that you stay here again if you are working here in the future and we hope that your journey home was pleasant.

Many thanks.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Ideally located on the route of National Cycle Route 81 this was the obvious place to stay and proved a very happy choice. I was made very welcome by Mike who took time to chat, which I appreciated as a solo traveller. Similarly, he and his wife Evelyn were particularly kind and considerate to the other guests, especially those staying on their own. Very civilized. The accommodation was of very high quality, absolutely pristine. Breakfast was also excellent and ample for my day's cycling. I was most impressed.

Room Tip: My king size room had a very pleasant view over the surrounding hills on both sides.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank David U

Many thanks for your review, you are right, we are ideally situated for cyclists as we are on route 81. We also have secure storage which is essential for expensive bikes.
We're pleased you enjoyed your breakfast and hope it gave you a good start up the hills!

Thank you again.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Having made a phone call to the tourist information centre in Welshpool as I was running out of options for accommodation for the weekend I was a little sceptical that they would find me something knowing what a busy weekend it was for the Welshpool area, I was surprised when after an hour they got back to me with "a little gem," they gave me the details of the "Long Mountain" B & B and suggested I look on their own website for more details- so I did, I could not believe such a great place was not booked solid for weeks but when they explained that they were just open for business following a lot of building work it became clear why the lack of bookings, sad to say though, I think my chances of getting to stay again at this wonderful place will be few and far between once word gets out how good this place is!! I suppose even writing this review is shooting myself in the foot, but I feel I have to give praise where due- and it really is due!! The place is ideally situated just outside Welshpool in some of the most beautiful countryside you could wish for, tastefully decorated and furnished with sharp contemporary bathroom suits that are absolutely spotless, and a cooked breakfast to die for- it makes for a truly outstanding place to stay, they could have charged a fortune for the accommodation and I still would rave about it, but they didn't and fair play to them. Miss this gem at your peril !! Ian G from Ellistown, Leicestershire.

Room Tip: Ask for the king size room, it isn't king size at all but it is perfect!! But really its ALL go...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ian G

Many thanks for your review of our Bed and Breakfast, we're really pleased that the Tourist Information office sent you to us!
Mike and I continually strive to ensure all of our guests have a comfortable and enjoyable stay and when we receive such positive feedback, we know we're on the right track.

Thank you so much.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

From start to finish this was a first class experience. A warm welcome and a lovely room. Everything is built to a superb standard. Wonderful bed, great bathroom and a superb breakfast with high quality ingredients. The host and hostess are wonderful and go out of their way to make guests feel welcome

Room Tip: All rooms must be lovely - it is a very quiet location surrounded by cows and sheep!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
evegreg55, Owner at Long Mountain Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Thank you so much for your review, it was lovely to meet you earlier this week.

We have just taken more bookings for next week and when I ask where they found our B & B they said Trip Advisor. The reviews we receive are really important to our business and we are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay. It would be lovely if you could return in the future.

Many thanks

Evelyn and Mike

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Traveling about 1800 miles away from home you wouldn't expect to find...home! But you do! You find two wonderful people, Mike & Evelyn, who treat you like family and make you feel comfortable throughout your stay. Long Mountain Bed and Breakfast is probably the best place I've ever stayed on a business trip. The rooms are spacious with superb on suite bathrooms, cable TV and...THE BED (large, comfortable bed from heaven!).

Thank you for everything, Mike and Evelyn!

P.S. Mike, thanks for the morning jokes & book of jokes!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
evegreg55, Owner at Long Mountain Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

We are so glad that you found our B&B a home away from home. Mike and I really enjoyed meeting you and your colleagues. However, we especially enjoyed hearing the jokes at breakfast time and it made us think hard to match yours!

We do hope that you are able to return in the future for a holiday.

Warm regards
Evelyn & Mike

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hope
The Royal Oak Hotel
#1 of 1 in Bishops Castle
The Railway Inn
The Railway Inn
#2 of 3 in Forden

Been to Long Mountain Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!