“Pampering Done to Perfection”
Review of Pebbles Spa

Pebbles Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Newly constructed Pebbles Spa and Leisure appropriately named after its unique beach surroundings.The backdrop of the sea coming and going, the rocks and seaweed tangled over the pebbles is just perfect for our new marine based Thalgo range of treatments. Pamper yourself with a varied range of treatments available by professionally trained staff.Whether your aim is to get fit in our state of the art fitness suite where a professional will help design you a programme to suit you, or relax and enjoy the ambience and therapeutic properties of our aromatic steam room, victoria sauna and spa, there is something for everyone. Enjoy the level deck 15m pool with a disappearing horizon over the sea to Ailsa Craig and beyond. Have a chat over lunch or coffee in the Spindirft Bistro, simply read your paper by the fire.A friendly personal service from a unique country facility awaits you at Pebbles Spa and Leisure.
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was treated to a day here by my friend as part of my 50th birthday. We arrived at 10am on a beautifully sunny October day. Ailsa Craig was just peeping through the morning mist which the sun was burning off, and the coastline was spectacular. You can't beat the light in Scotland on autumn days like this, and we spent a fair bit of time just taking in the view. It was all the more special when, throughout the day, a huge flock of gannets put on a spectacular show of dive bombing as they fished right in front of us. I know Pebbles can't guarantee such a demonstration, but it felt like it was laid on specially for us!

What I think Pebbles CAN guarantee is a wonderful day of relaxation and pampering. We had coffee on arrival, as we filled in our health forms and chose our lunch from the impressive menu. Then we had a brief guided tour and were given locker keys and a slip of paper to remind us of the times of our pre-booked treatments. Next, we changed into the softest, comfiest and fluffiest white robes I've ever seen. We lounged about like pampered polar bears in these for the rest of the day, when we weren't having treatments.

The treatments we had were great, and when we added in an extra eye treatment the staff were exceptionally helpful in trying to accommodate it around our other arrangements for the day. After a massage we chilled briefly before sitting down to an delicious lunch where the most stressful aspect was trying not to drip anything down the aforementioned white robe. (Provision of bigger napkins, or even a bib is my only suggestion for improving the day's experience!)

My friend then went off for another treatment while I slumped in a squishy couch, reading the paper and watching the bird show out on the water. We fitted in a swim, time in the jacuzzi and more lounging about before swapping the robes for real life and heading off late afternoon for afternoon tea at Glenapp Castle, just down the coast. If we hadn't had that arranged, we could have spent even longer in our pampered paradise.

The whole day was faultless and I would make a point of stopping in here even for lunch if I was not being treated. The staff were all really friendly and it has a lovely atmosphere. There were a couple of people there on their own - you don't need to have company to enjoy the day! Since lunch is included in the spa day package, I think it was pretty good value for money and it certainly was a perfect pampering day.

1  Thank piglit36

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I visited Pebbles Spa last week with 4 friends to celebrate Jane's birthday :) What a lovely place and in such beautiful settings. On arrival we were handed locker keys which had all our robes and towels. Flouncing around in our robes was so comfy and relaxing.It was a glorious sunny day so the views from our loungers were fantastic which added to the chilled relaxing state we were in. Our treatments were fantastic and our lunch was yummy. We had taken cake and balloons and the girls at reception were very accommodating and helped with the surprise. We all left refreshed and excited for our next trip back. The only suggestion I would make is the flip flops you are given are extremely slippy on wet tiles.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

My daughter and I visited Pebbles Spa as part of a birthday treat. I have always enjoyed the food when we make a stop on our way to / from Cairnryan and had wanted to book a visit for ages. Whether just popping in to enjoy a coffee, lunch or glass of wine in beautiful, tranquil surroundings overlooking Ailsa Craig, this little gem has so much to offer.

From the moment we walked through the door, the staff were welcoming and both my daughter and I felt completely looked after. We enjoyed the pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam rooms and then lounged about reading magazines for an hour before lunch in our towelling robes and slippers.....heaven!

Lunch was wonderful and much better than I have received in other spa packages that have been of a similiar price (or in one case more expensive)....and the cakes are superb!!! We had a wonderful treatment (shell massage) and had the additional Thalgo eye treatment which was really good and definitely made a diffeence to the fine lines and wrinkles around my eye area....just wish I could have taken the therapist home!!!

I am so looking forward to our next spa day...thank you Pebbles Spa...we'll be visiting again soon!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We have returned four times now and have booked our next visit for October. The staff are lovely and very welcoming. The food is superb and the setting very relaxed.
We've had treatments which we have greatly enjoyed and the therapists are very professional and friendly.
The caravan we stay in has everything we need and is clean and comfortable throughout.

If your looking for a relaxing break away with a bit of luxury this is the place to go, highly recommended.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Very disappointed with service on trying to book a spa day which my daughter kindly gave me for my Christmas. However as I didn't want to go alone I asked my daughter to accompany me. Unfortunately on telephone to ask for an appointment my daughter was informed she was unable to pay for facilities and lunch without booking a full spa package. When she enquired as to what these packages were, she was told to check the web site!
Not sure how I can use my lovely voucher now as I won't go alone....... £100 wasted!

3  Thank kirstyhawthorn

Been to Pebbles Spa? Share your experiences!