“Murtaugh's is a great stay!”
Review of Murtagh's B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crossmaglen
Murtagh's B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 Crossmaglen B&B and Inns
Massachusetts
“Murtaugh's is a great stay!”
Reviewed April 3, 2006

If you want the real flavor of South Armagh and the town of Crossmaglen then Murtaugh's B&B is the place to stay. Aiden is a wonderful host and the locals in the pub are so entertaining. Political geeks will love this friendly, peaceful town. My daughter and I will be back.

• Stayed March 2006
7 Thank BorderFox

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 19, 2005

My wife and I stayed at Murtagh's with Aiden and his family. They are wonderful hosts. I will always remember our gaelic football discussions and late nights spent in the downstairs bar discussing everything from Australian football to Irish politics.

The rooms were very nice and very good value for money. The Guinness is delightful.

Some people may be concerned about the level of British military activity in the town (patrols and big barracks in the town) but if you do what the town's people do and pretend they aren't there it is a truly beautiful little town surrounded by wonderful countryside. Plus, this only adds to the interest.

I will certainly return one day soon and I urge you to stay and share a Guinness with Aidan and do the same.

• Stayed July 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
oklahoma city
Reviewed August 10, 2005

I and my son stayed at Murtagh's for 3 nights. First and foremost is the hospitality shown by Aidan Murtagh, the publican. He was extremely helpful in providing local directions, making phone connections to my relatives and even offered to make our reservations in Dublin for the rest of our trip. His restaurant food is exceptionally good. His rooms in an adjacent building were modern and clean. However, be prepared to climb some steep stairwells if you stay over nite in this new section of his establishment. He made us feel like we were part of his family while we boarded with him. I am looking forward to our return to Crossmaglen and staying at Murtaughs again!

• Stayed March 2005
13 Thank servok
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 27, 2003

Murtaghs is a great three room (all ensuite) Bed and Breakfast attached to a splendid Irish Pub/Restaurant. The rooms are all tastefully decorated and extremely comfortable. The many times I have stayed there I slept soundly with no noise from the street or the Pub penetrating the walls of the room.

The food in the restaurant is very good and the Guinness delightful. Murtaghs is centrally located to the major attractions in South Armagh and its beautiful countryside.

If your travels bring you to the area, Murtaghs is the place to stay.

20 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Murtagh's B&B? Share your experiences!