“Poor fish and chips.”

Maloneys Diner & Takeaway
Ranked #32 of 51 Restaurants in Lurgan
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I don't buy fish & chips often for health reasons, but when I do I like them to be of a reasonable standard.On Thursday 19th December I decided to go to Maloneys to try their fish&chips, I was the only person at the carryout counter when I ordered cod&chips for which I had to wait 15 minutes.When I opened then up at home I was quite impressed by the size of the portion,but on closer examination,the fish was very thin and overcooked and the chips were undercooked. I will not be back after this experience!!!!!

1  Thank houstonpark

Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Nice and clean,tidy staff are friendly and food was grill,try the 12 piece fry with the coffee not bad for £5!!

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Argued with lady at the till over the prices on the board. Was overcharged so queried and made to feel like I'd done something wrong. In the end, paid the price advertised but food average and service slow. Won't be back

1  Thank Loujam86
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Been here a number of times over the years and always frustrated by the slow service and time in receivIng food.
The test of a good chippy for me is always the fish. So after many a ten minute to fifteen wait, a good sized fish arrives. Batter a little heavy and thicker than should be.Taste ok but not fab. Chips are ok.
This place is always popular and especially as there are no other sit in chipps open late evening.
I think it is ok but just too slow. And the end product does not show the greatness of the length of time cooking it took.

2  Thank frankm654
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Great food at great prices, sit down chippy, kids party on when we were here must say they have a great operation going here. Deffo will be back. Food was ok can't say much else.