The Unicorn
$121
$337
$292
TripAdvisor
The BW Crown Hotel(Boroughbridge)(Great Value!)
$93
$78
$79
$107
Travelocity
The New Inn(Harrogate)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsno liftmarket squarethe pubsainsbury's car parkthird floorsunday nightovernight parkingtop floorfamily roomlisted buildinglimited parkingexcellent value for moneycentral locationbiscuitswould stay againbeer gardentea and coffee
Reviewed May 13, 2012

This hotel is ideally place in the Market Square Ripon, very impressed by the size of the room, the bathroom was massive. Lovely clean and decorated to a good standard with flat screen TV, tea and coffee making facilities. The hotel was extremely but nothing was a problem to the staff. This hotel is part of the Weatherspoons chain so the food and drink is reasonably priced. Breakfasts are not included in the hotel rate, think we paid about £2.50 for a breakfast roll so really can't be robbed. I would definitely recommend this hotel. My partner was kept awake by the noise outside the hotel late at night so I would ask for a room at the back (I never heard anything to be fair)

Room Tip: Less noise at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Stayed here on easter Sunday for one night as a family of four.Room was spacious and clean,position of hotel is brilliant.Ripon is a lovely place to visit and we will certainly visit The Unicorn again.

Room Tip: Get a front facing room to enjoy the hornblower at 9pm
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bell_nicola5
Reviewed April 24, 2012

This place has avery good location on the Market Square. I was a bit concerned about noise as it was very busy and the bar stayed open until 01:00am but I didn't hear a thing. Good sized room with a big bathroom and a large comfortable bed. Very like a premier inn.
The price of the breakfast is not included but it really is very good value. All in all it was better than I thought it would be and I'd happily stay there again

Room Tip: Ask for a lower room if you have problems with stairs as I didn't see a lift.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Crawcrook
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Lovely spacious refurbished rooms, tasteful decor and a top notch breakfast. We'll definitely be returning.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Initial impressions didn't work well for me. It seemed a very noisy pub and we struggled to find the reception desk. The welcome was warm and friendly and the room very clean, freshly decorated and comfortable, with a big bathroom. We'd booked a room at the back to avoid noise in the town square overnight. There was quite a bit of noise coming up from outside the bar at the back but this died away at 8 pm and we didn't hear any more. Very comfortable bed.

The only complaint really was that we sat down for breakfast the next morning and waited. And waited. Staff walked by and nothing happened. Eventually it came to us that this was essentially a pub and we had to order at the bar. Having done so the food arrived in reasonable time. Just nobody had the nous to tell us to do it and similarly the night before when we were wandering about looking lost with bags, the staff just ignored us. When we dealt with them directly they were fine. I'd go back, and just remember to ask at the bar!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple