“The best b and b I've stayed in!”
Review of Box Tree Cottages

Box Tree Cottages
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ripon
Box Tree Cottages
Ranked #13 of 19 Ripon B&B and Inns
UK
“The best b and b I've stayed in!”
Reviewed November 12, 2010

From my first email contact everything went smoothly with the booking and we were greeted warmly by Barbara and Bill, who showed us to a very comfortable twin-bedded room with good size ensuite bathroom fitted with capacious shower. Although located very near the centre of Ripon, we slumbered peacefully, unaware of any traffic noise, on comfortable mattresses, tucked up warmly beneath freshly laundered duvets. Breakfast was geared to all tastes, my husband being able to indulge in a traditional cooked one, though, thankfully, this was grilled, rather than fried, while I went for the lighter but still enjoyable lighter option of fruit and cereal. I would certainly recommend staying here, rather than in a hotel. A great discovery!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2010

Many thanks to Barbara /Bill who made my stay very pleasant and welcoming .Bed was lovely and comfy and breakfast a treat just set me up for the day. Room was lovely and clean with loads of "little surprises" BIG THANK YOU ,just need to get WI FI for people working from home.
HOPE TO RETURN

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Cambridge
Reviewed November 5, 2010

We had a lovely stay at the Box Tree B&B with our two young children. They put us in a large room with two extra single beds so the kids were well accommodated. The beds were really comfortable with good quality mattresses. There was a shelf of kids books and a few stuffed toys, which went down well. There was a half-bathtub so the kids were very excited about the smallness of the tub! The proprietors were very accommodating in every way. Breakfast was lovely. On top of this, the room was GORGEOUS - so, so pretty.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank ezzamcnezza
Cambridgeshire
Reviewed October 13, 2010

The room and on-suit where very clean. The beds where comfortable.
It was a ten minuite walk from the town market place, but very quiet and peacefull at night.
We had a Chinese meal first night in the market place, food good and the town crier at 9.00 was an experience, plus we got a lucky wooden penny from the town crier.

• Stayed October 2010
Leicester
Reviewed September 11, 2010

This is a B&B not a hotel so there is a nice room to eat breakfast, but of course no other meals are taken there. While we are on breakfasts there are the standard things, cereals, fruit, yoghurt, tea, coffee and juice etc., and, (and I mean "and" if you want it), a very nicely cooked English Breakfast, for which you select the ingredients from a list the previous night. Our room was comfortable and pretty with Freeview digital TV, coffee and tea making facilities and ensuite bathroom. It's run by two couples who own it I think, all four of whom are very friendly, and just struck me as nice people. If I am in that part of the world again, (and it is a very beautiful part of the world and Ripon is a charming small city), I would book in here if I could. Just the job. Ian.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
UK
Reviewed August 15, 2010

This was a one night stay booked directly with the proprietor. Doubles were all booked so we paid for a twin room.

Box tree cottages are a short 5-10mins walk from Ripon bus station. The front garden was very well manicured and we were pleasantly greeted and swiftly shown to our room. The twin room was spacious, overlooked the front garden, and decorated well to allow for the small amount of natural light these sorts of properties afford. The en-suite facility was clean and well maintained, with well-laundered white cotton towels and items I wouldn't have expected, kept in a cupboard, such as cotton buds and clean shower mitt. The guest information in the room was well laid out.

Despite the soft bed and dusty table surfaces, I slept very well in what was an otherwise very clean and well-maintained room. The complimentary coffee, tea and chocolate were very welcome. The alarm clock provided worked and there were plenty of terrestrial digital channels available on the TV.

Breakfast the following morning was again peaceful and hassle free. We had been asked to "tick box" our preferences for a hot breakfast on a card the previous evening - a system that clearly works well, allowing the proprietors to get things organised whilst we were able to chat to the other guests. There was a good choice of cereal and muesli, and the hot breakfast came on hot plates! My tea came in a large pot and those who had ordered coffee were delighted with their cafetieres. I normally miss marmite when go on holiday, but there was some available here!

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Surrey, UK
Reviewed August 13, 2010

A lovely stay in a beautiful location. The service was brilliant, always friendly and helpful. The rooms had everything you could want including little extras that made you feel so welcome. I would definately go back!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple