“A visit not to be missed”
Review of Oliver's Pantry

Oliver's Pantry
Ranked #1 of 90 Restaurants in Ripon
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Oliver's Pantry is a quirky cafe just off the Market Square in Ripon, passionate about full bodied coffee & flavoursome loose leaf tea, serving fresh wholesome & uplifting food all day, every day!
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We have been coming to Oliver's Pantry on a number of occasions and have never been disappointed. The menu choice is both wide ranging and excellent good value. In many ways the atmosphere is quirky with a real mish mash of furniture which would have probably ended up in a skip. This really adds to the experience though. The food is both tasty and well presented by helpful and friendly staff. A visit to Ripon would not be complete without a visit to Oliver's.

There are newer reviews for Oliver's Pantry

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Couldnt resist going into olivers, the food in the window looked so good! I am so pleased we did as these cakes are to die for! Staff are very friendly and quick, we ordered two coffees and a selection of cakes to take away (one each just wasnt enough). The coffee was high quality and tasted devine and the cakes were way beyond expectations. We even returned on our way home to get some more scrummy cakes!

1  Thank robxx_13
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We stopped in Ripon to visit a few museums before travelling to the Dales and by late afternoon were desperate for a sit down and a cup of tea. We discovered this delightful bistro and were greeted by cheerful, friendly staff. Having eyed the cakes on the way to our table I was tempted by the brownies (so many kinds to choose from) and they were delicious but the piece de resistance was the tea. I chose Earl Grey which is the tea I normally drink but I can honestly say I have never had such a wonderful brand as this it was WOW!! My partner had good old Yorkshire tea and he wasn't disappointed either. I liked my tea so much that now I am home I am going to purchase some and only wished I'd bought it there and then. The place had a lovely welcoming, relaxed atmosphere, nicely decorated, I was very impressed. It was definitely my kind of place, quality and welcoming and will definitely make a point of stopping there again when I'm next coming to Yorkshire.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Shame we are only here for a week on holiday and can't spend longer working our way through the entire menu! The tea was lovely - had the gunpowder green tea served in a little cast iron tea pot with a bone china cup and saucer, and the chocolate orange brownie which was every bit as gooey as a good brownie should be. Came back later in the day for a light, late lunch in the form of a 'naked' chicken burger (minus the bun and more salad) and that also was delicious. All the staff were welcoming, cheery and friendly and the ambience is everything you could want in a little cafe! The faceless coffee chains on the high street have absolutely NOTHING on the likes of these guys. Will most certainly be returning again before the week is out!

Reviewed May 15, 2014

We called here today after finding the name on the internet. Little difficult to find as away from the market place, but locals directed us so we thought it was a good sign.
Really lovely home cooked food - gorgeous sandwiches, and home made hummus...mmm, served with carrot sticks. Bread fresh and light and fluffy and very delish. Excellent service, homely café... highly recommended.