The Old Deanery
  • Restaurant
$78
$474
TripAdvisor
Best Western Crown Hotel(Boroughbridge)(Great Value!)
$105
$111
Agoda.com
$88
PremierInn.com
All reviewsripon cathedralold buildingrear gardenwooden shuttersattic roomfour postersloping floorsevents managerbeautiful cathedralwedding venueslipper bathwedding receptionyorkshire breakfastamazing weddinggorgeous placeroll top bathperfect setting
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in. Food excellent rooms clean and tidy excellent for getting into rip on. Highly recommended.we stayed for four nights and on the last evening they gave us a free glass of champaign when we for to the bar which was a very nice touch. We have now stays there several times and look forward to going back each time. I can't wait for our next visit.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor are brilliant
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
LindaRipon, Owner at The Old Deanery, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Some guests just make it easy so thanks very much. We shall try not to disappoint even though your expectations are now very high!

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel and also ate in the restaurant! At first glance it is an eclectic venue directly opposite the Cathedral, but given the hotel's name it should be easy to make the connection!

The rooms and beds are comfortable and clean, although It was unusual to get to grips with wooden window shutters, but once figured out easy to deal with. The staff were all very friendly and efficient. The food in the restaurant at dinner was extremely good and the full english breakfast set me up for the day. I recommend this hotel as it was a great experience

• Stayed: July 2013

You need that good food before you start wrestling with our shutters! We are delighted that you found us friendly and that you got so much pleasure from our position and our history. Thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed here on Sunday night on our way back to the north from Shropshire, having looked at many different choices in the Yorkshire area. It was a good choice apart from dinner. The host greeted us with great gusto offering to carry our cases. Room was delightful, plenty of room, lovely new bathroom and a good view of the garden. Dinner was a disappointment, the menu very smallt, starter was good but my main I could not eat, my husbands was was nice but not fantastic. When our host noticed I had not eaten mine she was very apologetic and offered me a replacement and of course was not going to charge me. She explained that meal was prepared by the assistant chef. Breakfast was very nice with the owner rushing around with nothing being to much. To sum up delightful old building, wonderful comfortable rooms and very helpful and efficient staff. Would definitely stay again if the owner is still the charming slightly eccentric fun host!

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool or fitness centre I just inadvertently hit the wrong circles.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

You will be pleased to hear that this slightly eccentric owner recognised your incognito review because the food problem is rare! I will not harp on about how sorry I was-you know I made amends as best I could but I am so pleased that you enjoyed everything else. In truth Sunday Supper is a small menu, a choice from just three dishes in each course...if you come back again try the dinner menu on any other night for a larger choice but at a slightly higher price. Thanks for giving such a balanced view..

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This B&B was by far the best of our trip to England. The staff was family friendly, the building is as authentic as you would want without the inconveniences. It is as beautiful as the village in which it sits and provided a storybook breakfast. As you can tell, we loved it!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Donna R

I love it when somebody really gets the Old Deanery....and thank you for our lovely misty night shot of the building. Happy travelling

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We spend one enjoyable evening at the Deanery. Our room was on the third floor so the manager helped tote our bags. It was a lovely room, two beds, tea service and a window that opened to look on the beautiful Ripon Cathedral. The bath room was beautiful, modern and spotless with a giant walk-in shower. What ever you do, have the breakfast! I felt like Alice-in-Wonderland. Serene view, lovely table and great food. We felt so welcomed. Only wish we had more time to stay in that luxury.

Room Tip: If you love photography, try to book the third floor room over the office. Fabulous view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

The photos are lovely and I hope to use them! The breakfast shot makes me want to sit down and join in! We ooze history and enjoy the nearness to the Cathedral - I am very glad you enjoyed it too, Alice....