The Old Deanery
$110
$106
Travelocity
$126
The BW Crown Hotel(Boroughbridge)(Great Value!)
$133
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsripon cathedralold buildingrear gardenwooden shuttersattic roomfour postersloping floorsevents managerbeautiful cathedralwedding venueslipper bathwedding receptionyorkshire breakfastamazing weddinggorgeous placeroll top bathperfect setting
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed here on Sunday night on our way back to the north from Shropshire, having looked at many different choices in the Yorkshire area. It was a good choice apart from dinner. The host greeted us with great gusto offering to carry our cases. Room was delightful, plenty of room, lovely new bathroom and a good view of the garden. Dinner was a disappointment, the menu very smallt, starter was good but my main I could not eat, my husbands was was nice but not fantastic. When our host noticed I had not eaten mine she was very apologetic and offered me a replacement and of course was not going to charge me. She explained that meal was prepared by the assistant chef. Breakfast was very nice with the owner rushing around with nothing being to much. To sum up delightful old building, wonderful comfortable rooms and very helpful and efficient staff. Would definitely stay again if the owner is still the charming slightly eccentric fun host!

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool or fitness centre I just inadvertently hit the wrong circles.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
LindaRipon, Owner at The Old Deanery, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

You will be pleased to hear that this slightly eccentric owner recognised your incognito review because the food problem is rare! I will not harp on about how sorry I was-you know I made amends as best I could but I am so pleased that you enjoyed everything else. In truth Sunday Supper is a small menu, a choice from just three dishes in each course...if you come back again try the dinner menu on any other night for a larger choice but at a slightly higher price. Thanks for giving such a balanced view..

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This B&B was by far the best of our trip to England. The staff was family friendly, the building is as authentic as you would want without the inconveniences. It is as beautiful as the village in which it sits and provided a storybook breakfast. As you can tell, we loved it!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Donna R

I love it when somebody really gets the Old Deanery....and thank you for our lovely misty night shot of the building. Happy travelling

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We spend one enjoyable evening at the Deanery. Our room was on the third floor so the manager helped tote our bags. It was a lovely room, two beds, tea service and a window that opened to look on the beautiful Ripon Cathedral. The bath room was beautiful, modern and spotless with a giant walk-in shower. What ever you do, have the breakfast! I felt like Alice-in-Wonderland. Serene view, lovely table and great food. We felt so welcomed. Only wish we had more time to stay in that luxury.

Room Tip: If you love photography, try to book the third floor room over the office. Fabulous view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

The photos are lovely and I hope to use them! The breakfast shot makes me want to sit down and join in! We ooze history and enjoy the nearness to the Cathedral - I am very glad you enjoyed it too, Alice....

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We liked this because it struck the right note between professionalism and friendly family service. Didn't sample the food except for breakfast (which was as good as you'd expect) but the room and general areas were big, tastefully decorated and stylish. Nice people too. Ripon is well worth a visit and this hotel is right in the city without being noisy. Recommended.

Room Tip: 4 poster room overlooks the cathedral which is spectacular when floodlit
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jonno_the_Yachtie

I appreciate your comments very much and hope to continue striking the right note..and those bells didn't bother you in your room with a Cathedral view?

Reviewed June 22, 2013

My wife and I had been looking forward to our 1 night stay, which was a Christmas present from our daughter! From the moment we arrived and were greeted by the very friendly receptionist, through a fabulous dinner and a comfortable night in our four-poster room, we were certainly not disappointed. This hotel successfully combines comfort, service and fine dining in relaxed, unpretentious surroundings. We will certainly return.

Room Tip: Room 2 at the rear has four-poster, is quiet and overlooks lovely gardens.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

"Friendly, relaxed and unpretentious" - I knew we could be summed up in three words! Thank you for that and we are glad to have helped with your birthday celebrations. How about an anniversary next time!