“An exceptional historical delight.”

The Wakeman's House
Ranked #4 of 89 Restaurants in Ripon
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Wakeman's House cafe is a traditional tearoom, offering a range of tasty homemade sweet treats - scones, traybakes, sponge cakes, bakewell tart and apple pie to name but a few.Our light lunches include sandwiches, paninis, homemade soups and quiches, toasted sandwiches, oven baked potatoes, pate and ploughmans lunch and afternoon tea.Enjoy a visit to our cafe which is situated on the corner of Ripon's historic market square. We assure a warm, friendly welcome with great service and excellent value for money.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Not only is this picturesque cafe one of the best and well preserved 17th century buildings I have had the privilege to dine in, it is by far the only cafe in Ripon that stands out to me. Accompanied by the buildings astonishing beauty is the absolutely ravishing home made food and wonderful customer service. And just when you think this business cannot get any better, it delights you with it's extremely reasonable prices. Needless to say, in my eyes, there is no competition. There is no where i would rather go when in the beautiful city of Ripon.

1  Thank MooreAnnaa
There are newer reviews for The Wakeman's House

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I don't usually write reviews, however I felt this cafe deserved one. The building is beautiful, the food is delicious, the cakes are to die for and the staff and attentive and polite. Also the prices are brilliant! Great little cafe!!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have been to this café a few times and have never been disappointed. The menu is very diverse for a café, and the quality of food is superb. I'm particularly fond of the handmade cakes - I literally can't get enough! One thing that immediately caught my attention was how reasonably priced everything was, which you don't often find these days. I've also found the staff to be extremely helpful and polite. The building itself is historic and charming, and sets a lovely atmosphere. All in all I'll be back again soon.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I visit nearly every Saturday for lunch with my mum and gran and we have become well known with the staff, they couldn't be more helpful! Whether your a regular or first timer the staff are always friendly and welcoming. The food is gorgeous and between the 3 of us have eaten most of the menu, the prices are very reasonable and everything is made fresh. After seeing some of the other reviews regarding the salad dressing I was in this Saturday and they now have a range of salad dressings. This however doesn't really bother me as I have never thought to need it as the meals always work how they are served to me!

The homemade cakes are my favourite and especially as they are NOT tight with the potions! Gorgeous! We continue to visit every Saturday as its a great environment, friendly staff (which is hard to get nowerdays) and after visiting other cafes in Ripon this is far the best.

Definitely recommend to anyone! The homemade scones & cakes are a must try!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Friendly, helpful staff. Food average. OK for a quick cuppa. Handy being on the square in Ripon. Prices average for the town.
Very small capacity on a busy day.