“The oldest restaurant building in Ripon”

The Wakeman's House
Ranked #3 of 93 Restaurants in Ripon
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Wakeman's House cafe is a traditional tearoom, offering a range of tasty homemade sweet treats - scones, traybakes, sponge cakes, bakewell tart and apple pie to name but a few.Our light lunches include sandwiches, paninis, homemade soups and quiches, toasted sandwiches, oven baked potatoes, pate and ploughmans lunch and afternoon tea.Enjoy a visit to our cafe which is situated on the corner of Ripon's historic market square. We assure a warm, friendly welcome with great service and excellent value for money.
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Food is home cooked and excellent. Service is very good, friendly and prompt. It is a quaint, very old building, we often go there.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I visit this cafe on a regular basis due to its fab homemade cakes, wonderfully simple and delicious menu, and most of all its first class customer service. Living in Ripon I have seen cafe's come and go and given them all a try, but non have matched the high standards this cafe continues to demonstrate visit after visit.
I myself have a sweet tooth and this cafe pleases me immensely with its generously sized portions of homemade baking. I frequently buy take-out cakes from the Wakeman's so I can continue to enjoy the delights of this cafe whilst at home.
The staff are warm, welcoming and extremely accommodating. On every visit I have witnessed fabulously attentive service and I'm glad I can have the pleasure of visiting this wonderful cafe on a regular basis.
A MUST FOR ALL TOURISTS.
Great work guys.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

A family visit to Ripon isnt much, without a visit to The Wakemans House.....
Not only delicious sandwiches, soups and various filled jacket potatoes but THE BEST homemade cakes, pies and quiches around.....
The service is fantastic and nothing is too much trouble for them....they are helpful, attentive and the personal touches just add to the character of this establishment....
Who needs these modern chain cafes when these independent cafes are better value for money and know exactly what their customers want.....
If your ever about on market day my advice would be to pop in for a cuppa and a slice of cake to relax......
Great place.... great service.....great value for money.....
Keep doing what your doing and we'll be back again soon....
If only we had somewhere like this back home

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Homemade cakes, scones and quiches. Great coffee and tea with attentive, cheerful service and a very cute and clean interior are just a few reasons why I am prepared to travel for over an hour to visit Wakeman’s. I love the traditional fare… toasted teacakes, egg and cress sandwiches and simple filter coffee. This place is the perfect antidote to those bland, corporate American style coffee chains that are on every High Street. That said, I suspect that with the right stewardship and investment, Wakeman’s could have many more outlets in the UK. It IS a winning formula!

hudsonjans, Owner at The Wakeman's House, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Many thanks for another review Paul. We really appreciate your comments. Our team work very hard to make every customer welcome and to make sure they enjoy the Wakeman's House experience, so it's great to know that our efforts are appreciated. Hope we see you again soon!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Enjoyed a lovely lunch at this lovely restaurant, the choice of tasty lunches was excellent, and the price even better, a pot of tea and a lovely piece of bakewell tart, everything faultless. Please can you open one in Northallerton, we are desperate