“the golden lion”

Ranked #11 of 91 Restaurants in Ripon
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2014

we loved this pub.we went there through recommendation and we weren't disappointed at all,the food is well worth trying,we recommend the golden lions menu,its great

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I'm vegetarian, so pubs aren't normally where I end up for a meal out. But, traveling with friends one day, I ended up at the Golden Lion.

I wanted something light and tasty, so I picked out the fig and goat cheese open-faced sandwich... boy, what a treat! One of the best things I ate all vacation long!

The staff were great and even printed the recipe off for me (which, amazingly enough, has gone missing!

If you read this review, can you re-send me the recipe? I'm attaching a picture of it here.

Thanks for a wonderful meal in Ripon!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

my partner and I have been here a few times now and always enjoy our meals. We normally have the 2 for £10 but yesterday we chose from the mega meal menu. I had the steak which was cooked to perfection and thoroughly enjiyed, my partner had the mixed grill which he said was one of the best he had had! Their chips have to be THE best anywhere......proper chips.....not frozen rubbish! We will definately be back.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We dropped into the Golden Lion for Sunday lunch on 19th January and were met by the warmest of welcomes by the host Carol who made us feel like regulars. We ordered traditional Sunday Lunch which was excellent the vegetables where cooked to perfection and the beef was excellent. The sweet trolley was temptation at its best and we opted for the sticky toffee pudding with ice cream, beautiful. We thoroughly enjoyed the lunch and the warmest of welcomes from the excellent Landlady Carol. We will definitely be back very soon.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

My wife and I discovered this gem before going on a ghost hunt at the nearby Workhouse.
Unfortunately neither of us could sample the ales they had (due to a no alcohol rule at the workhouse!) I looked on enviously at locals drinks and noticed they had what I refer to as the perfect pint! i.e. the head stayed all the way to the bottom of the glass whilst being drunk.
We were however able to sample their two for £10 meals, and we both were extremely pleased with not only the quality of the food but the fact it was piping hot to the last mouthful. We look forward to returning to the Golden Lion and trying one of their Mega meals!