“Great food & service”

Ranked #10 of 90 Restaurants in Ripon
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We eat here on a regular basis & I can't believe I haven't written a review yet!The food is consistantly good,home cooked & always delicious.What particularly impressed me is how well vegetarians are catered for & nothing is too much trouble.All the deals through the week are such value for money(check out the Steak Night on a Thursday!)We highly recommend The Golden Lion for the excellent food & friendly staff(& guess where we are going to eat tonight?!!!)

There are newer reviews for The Golden Lion

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We eat there and love the beer the food was reasonably price and the pub is right in the heart of the town centrejust really comfortable.you wont get better value in the area

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I really enjoyed my Sunday dinner with a choice of 3 meats and 3 sizes of dinner and they where very generous with even on my small plate, there was just the right amount. The quality of everything was amazing the meat was gorgeous and a large rage of fresh vegetables were lovely. The homemade puddings were outstanding and delicious! Such a good meal for the prise which was cheap for what you get! Definitely going back again

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Would like to recommend this pub to anyone who loves good quality homemade meals, friendly staff and a relaxing atmosphere. We eat here regularly, whether its an evening meal, sandwich at lunchtime or a Sunday roast, its always excellent. The curry club on a Tuesday night has to be my favourite £6.95 for a homemade curry and rice together with drink. Also enjoy the Sunday Roast with all the fresh veg and homemade yorkshires. All together a great pub, I cant wait for my next visit!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

It was a beautiful sunny Sunday and as we were all going out to the theatre in the evening we decided to take a late Sunday Lunch at The Golden Lion as we had heard good things about the food. They were not wrong - good choice of food, the beef was beautiful - but believe me we ordered the small plates and there was more than enough , because we also decided to have sweets. My friend had cheesecake and I had sticky toffee pudding - brilliant and such large portions. Had to walk back home to try and get rid of some of the calories. The bottle of wine we had between us was also great for the price - all in all great value, good food , well served.