“Lovely break away!”
Review of Riverside Lodges

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ripon
Riverside Lodges
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This was my third visit here with my partner and family, having visited in April 2013 and July 2012. All visits were lovely. Hot tub is an excellent feature and the lodges are only a 10 minute walk into Ripon. There are plenty of places to eat and drink, the main ones being The Water Rat pub and the Golden Lion pub. There are only 8 lodges on site so it's lovely and peaceful. Others staying at the same time had their dog with them so pets are allowed! Only drawback back is the shrubs and trees could do with being cut back but, that didn't bother us really! Owner is lovely, already planning our return!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Rod1927, Owner at Riverside Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Thank you for your review. I can report that the shrubbs have been cut back, and the river bank is now cleared. Look forward to seeing you again soon. Rod

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Just returned from another stay at riverside lodge. Stayed in the Cathedral lodge with my partner and her Mam, Dad, Nanna and Granddad. Friendly owner. The lodges are set in a lovely area. The negatives are there are still a few little bits that could be cleaned up or improved and the lodge was not fully clean when we arrived, but this was not a factor that bothered us to much. The lodges are homely and the hot tub is a big draw. The sitting area outside is also pleasant and peaceful on a warm summers evening. Ripon is also a nice setting and I highly recommend a beer by the river at the water rat or in the beer garden at the Magdalene. The food is also very good at the Golden Lion. We used the Indian service that is left in the information booklet and we were very impressed with the service. We are already talking about our next visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments. I note your points and would welcome some comments regarding the the cleanliness issues you had so that I can make sure it does not happen again. I can be emailed on rod@riversidelodges.co.uk. Many thanks and look forward to seeing ou soon. Rod

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Just got back from 3 nights away with my boyfriend. We stayed in the Minster lodge (1 of the wakemans). Lovely little lodge, perfect location and the hot tub was amazing. Friendly owner, the recommendations he left in the room were spot on. Prima restaurant was fab, one eyed rat pub has a huge beer garden, was great. Only negative is that the lodge wasn't cleaned so well when we arrived, but it was no biggie for us, we would definitely return!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review, Ihave noted your comments and hope I have now identified the problem and will monitor and address if the problem continues. Regards Rod

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed in the Wensleydale lodge at the riverside lodges ripon. Very peaceful setting and welcoming staff. The lodge was spacious although could do with a makeover and the sofas have also seen better days. The hot tub was a lovely feature with the river views. We got this lodge at a special offer at £350 if I had paid full price I would have been disappointed. A lovely walk into Ripon.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. I can ashure you that the leather sofas are not yet 12 months old.I have asked other guests for their opinions since first reading your review by means of a questioniare and have received no adverse comments about this lodge or the sofas etc.I am sorry you found this a problem but even had you brought this to my attention I do not think I could have solved it. Best Regards Rod

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Just returned from a 4 night holiday in the Hornblower lodge, lovely peaceful location,with great walks close by. The lodge had everything we needed and very spacious. The hot tub was a welcome treat after a busy day sightseeing/walking. They are located about 10 minutes walk away from Ripon which has many bars/restaurants/takeaways on offer. We enjoyed the walks along the river and a drink at the Water Rat over looking the river and cathedral.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We have just returned from a 4 night stay in the minster lodge at riverside lodges, overall we were very happy with our stay here, greeted when we got there. No hassle or standing around waiting to check in here just took straight to our cabin, shown around and that was it, which was perfect. The cabin was nice and cosy, had everything in we needed and the king size leather bed was amazing! The comfiest bed I have ever stayed in, I wanted to take it home!!! Hot tub was lovely, brill to chill out in with a drink. I also wanted to take this home. Only little thing that I didn't like was the cob webs in the cabin with spiders but hey, ya get them any where. Other than that it was perfect and I would definitely return. :-)

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 27, 2013

These lodges are amazing...clean, well decorated and close enough to take a walk into lovely Ripon. I definately recommend paying extra for the river view, sitting in the hot tub watching the world go by is heavenly. Well worth taking the local bus into Harrogate for the day too and sampling some of Bettys delicious tea and cake. I would recommend this holiday to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple