“Great food! Friendly staff and even the bill was pleasant!”

The Terrace Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #34 of 89 Restaurants in Ripon
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: we served tradition British cuisine . all meals are prepared to order so a little patience is required . we limit the number of diners so booking is recommended .
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My wife and I were in Ripon this weekend and ate here with our friends. I have to admit that I wasn't sure when we went in, don't ask me why? BUT, I was pleasantly suprised. The Young staff were actually talkative, which can make a big difference to the atmosphere....Then the food...OOOOOHHH! The complimentary bread...NO NO NO! Why did i fill up on this slice of heaven! The bread was delicious...Unfortunately so was the starter and the main...I can't believe how the prices..We had to double our tip because we felt that we were underchaged for a wonderful meal. We will be back for Burns Night in January...

2  Thank Matt H
There are newer reviews for The Terrace Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We ate here for the first time last night with a couple of friends. I was surprised by how good it was and wondered why we hadn't been here before. The service was friendly and efficient. The food was delicious. All of our party enjoyed every mouthful. The wine was good. The prices were reasonable. There was a lovely log fire and the surroundings were comfortable and attractive. Unfortunately although it was a Saturday night it was a bit quiet, which is a shame. We will definitely be going here again.

3  Thank Love nice food S
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Went on a Thursday and it was reasonably busy - had the fish which was excellent and shared a desert which was equally great. Definately worth a visit.

2  Thank 1QualityTraveller
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Visited expecting the previous Italian menu but was pleasantly surprised to find new menu from the new owners. There was too much that sounded great and they appear to do excellent fish meals. The chicken with risotto dish and pork fillet were excellent and gorgeous puddings. Very reasonable price and lively atmosphere. Staff friendly and good. Would highly recommend.:-)

2  Thank Lanny6
Reviewed November 15, 2013

My partner and I live in the South of France, where we enjoy fine dining and expect a certain standard when it comes to eating out. We visit Ripon regularly to see my partner's elderly mum who lives there and usually travel in search of good food in that area. Funnily enough, we pass the Terrace all the time, as elderly mum lives just around the corner.
Last month we and two friends decided to check the Terrace out, having heard positive comments about its new ownership. We were not disappointed! We had a drink at the bar before ordering and we each chose a different dish. We really enjoyed our food, especially the fish platter.
Five of us went back again last week. The fire was comforting on a damp dark night and quite a few tables had been taken giving the place a good buzz.
This restaurant deserves to be a success. We'll be back next time we're in Ripon!.

1  Thank brigitteMenton