“Fantastic Sunday Lunch”

The Warehouse
Description: Quirky, quaint old fashioned comfortable cafe/restaurant
Description: Quirky, quaint old fashioned comfortable cafe/restaurant
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We visited Ripon at the weekend and enjoyed a fantastic Sunday Lunch at this lovely restaurant.
All our party enjoyed the roast meats and the vegetables (including roast potatoes) were beautifully cooked.

There was a good choice of sweets, including apple pie and custard ( or cream ) and also a delicious trifle .

A very pleasant meal and highly recommended.

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely Sunday lunch today food fresh and cooked lovely. The only thing that let it down was the price of a can of coke at £1-60 when they were multi buy ones!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

stopped off on the way back from Northumberland to try Chimes again but they were closed so we found this place nearby and they were doing Sunday Lunch and decided to give it a try. All I can say is it was one of the best if not the best Sunday roast I have ever had including the ones I paid twice as much for, I can see why it was packed once you have eaten there you will want to go back, Im not a big sweet fan but when I saw the homemade cakes with real custard then I simply couldn't pass up on dessert. To serve that volume and quality of food from such a small kitchen is amazing and the service was excellent. The owner waits on and does the baking while her I think its her husband who does the cooking, the young girl who waited on us deserves a mention as well she was very attentive and polite and seemed happy in her job.
My only criticism would be that they stop doing cooked food at 2pm and we like to eat later in the day but next time we in the area we will make sure we get there in time.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We called in to the Warehouse on a chilly day in June when there seemed to be very few other places open for lunch. We really enjoyed the food and friendly service and sitting upstairs we had a good view over the roof tops. Downstairs there is a seating area for anyone unable to climb the stairs and the waitress will come down and serve you. We would definitely visit again if we return to Ripon.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We went for lunch today before a visit to Ripon Races. We both had the soup, cream of watercress and American smoked fish chowder. Both were excellant and left you wiping the bowl with your bread! Pleasant service with a smile, will returnn.