“fantastic place”

Description: Quirky, quaint old fashioned comfortable cafe/restaurant
Bury, United Kingdom
“fantastic place”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

stopped off on the way back from Northumberland to try Chimes again but they were closed so we found this place nearby and they were doing Sunday Lunch and decided to give it a try. All I can say is it was one of the best if not the best Sunday roast I have ever had including the ones I paid twice as much for, I can see why it was packed once you have eaten there you will want to go back, Im not a big sweet fan but when I saw the homemade cakes with real custard then I simply couldn't pass up on dessert. To serve that volume and quality of food from such a small kitchen is amazing and the service was excellent. The owner waits on and does the baking while her I think its her husband who does the cooking, the young girl who waited on us deserves a mention as well she was very attentive and polite and seemed happy in her job.
My only criticism would be that they stop doing cooked food at 2pm and we like to eat later in the day but next time we in the area we will make sure we get there in time.

Visited July 2013

Wallingford, United Kingdom
“Good food and an interesting view”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We called in to the Warehouse on a chilly day in June when there seemed to be very few other places open for lunch. We really enjoyed the food and friendly service and sitting upstairs we had a good view over the roof tops. Downstairs there is a seating area for anyone unable to climb the stairs and the waitress will come down and serve you. We would definitely visit again if we return to Ripon.

• Visited June 2013
York, United Kingdom
“Tasty Lunch”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We went for lunch today before a visit to Ripon Races. We both had the soup, cream of watercress and American smoked fish chowder. Both were excellant and left you wiping the bowl with your bread! Pleasant service with a smile, will returnn.

• Visited April 2013
Northallerton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Truly lovely Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I and my family popped in on Easter Sunday 31st for Lunch and having been previously we knew it would be good. This time though it was truly wonderfull, my wife and 8 year old son had Turkey and my Father in Law and I had Lamb and honestly all four of us thoroughly enjoyed every mouthful. The range of veg is above the norm too, we had savoy & red cabbage ( which is a great change from the usual on offer at other establishments ) along with mashed carrots and new potatoes. And to top it off the homemade desserts are a wonder, especially the chocolate trifle.

Take my advice and have lunch in this quirky place, it is Fab!!

• Visited March 2013
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“lovely place to eat.”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Me and my husband visited Ripon on the way home from York. It being Sunday we felt like having a nice Sunday lunch. We came across the Warehouse by accident and we are so glad we did.
The service and the food were so good. The dinner was honestly one of the best we have tasted. The baked desserts on show looked delicious and so tempting but ghe lunch filled us up.
We will definitely be visiting again on our travels. Such a friendly place and so welcoming.

• Visited March 2013