“Truly memorable experience.”
Review of Talon Falconry

Talon Falconry
Ranked #4 of 36 things to do in Ripon
More attraction details
Owner description: Located within a purpose built complex on our 175 acre site, you'll find our awe-inspiring Lightwater Valley Falconry, which is home to over 50 amazing raptors including Owls, Falcons, Eagles and Hawks. There are also Rheas, Snakes and our inquisitive Ferrets too!Established to raise awareness of a wide selection of breath-taking birds, this facility offers a truly unique experience. As well as having the opportunity to see how these amazing birds are trained and handled and to learn about every aspect of their daily lives, visitors have the chance to watch dramatic flying shows every day (during theme park opening hours). In fact, you could even volunteer to pull on a gauntlet and allow our trained raptors to land on your arm or have your photo taken with one of the magnificent creatures.Lightwater Valley Falconry is open all year round, and in addition to the main Bird of Prey Centre also offers a unique range of falconry attractions including Hawk Walks and Owl Experiences.
Reviewed August 15, 2014

My daughter and I attended an 'owl experience' today and loved every minute. We started the experience in the Granary café at Lightwater Valley, where we were served out choice of drink. We were then greeted by a representative of the Falconry centre, who led us to the Birds of Prey centre located on the site. During the hour we spent at the centre, we were introduced to a number of beautiful and fascinating owls including a 'little owl' named spud, a tawny owl and a European Eagle owl. The tour guide provided detailed and fascinating information about each owl's provenance and temperament, and we were each given the opportunity to handle each owl. Throughout the experience, I felt in safe hands. The tour guide helped each of us to feel relaxed and confident in handling the owls, whilst providing some amazing insights into their characteristics and habits. We were encouraged to take photographs throughout and were invited back to attend a display of the birds flying later in the day. My daughter and I found the experience very educational; we now understand much more about owls and their lifestyles than we did before we came and will never forget our experience of being up close to these wonderful birds. Thanks to all at Talon Falconry - we would recommend this experience wholeheartedly.

All reviews
in 2 reviews
"birds"
in 72 reviews

Reviewed August 14, 2014

I bought a voucher for an owl experience a few days before my birthday with the optimistic hope I'd be able to do it on the day as it was so short notice. After phoning a few times with no answer I started to worry, but don't panic like I did if you can't get through the first time you call, they are very busy and do pick up in the end! I managed to book it for the day I wanted and when we got there we were greeted by the lovely Sarah, she is so knowledgeable and friendly and even remembered it was my birthday! The experience was absolutely fantastic, I was the only one in the session so got to have a one-on-one experience with all the birds, learnt lots of interesting information about them and came out with some great pictures from the day. I would 100% recommend this and will definitely be back in the future!! Thanks Sarah!

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We visited 6 Aug 2014 which was quite a warm day so the birds weren't out for long but the experience was good and well worth the visit.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

One of the best birthday presents I've ever had. I felt honoured to have these magnificent birds on my hand and the experience of having a Barn Owl fly to me was thrilling. My face hurt from smiling by the end. Gail and Chris are fantastic advocates for these wonderful creatures and I will definitely be back.