“Excellent Owl Experience”
Review of Talon Falconry

Talon Falconry
Ranked #10 of 33 things to do in Ripon
More attraction details
Owner description: Located within a purpose built complex on our 175 acre site, you'll find our awe-inspiring Lightwater Valley Falconry, which is home to over 50 amazing raptors including Owls, Falcons, Eagles and Hawks. There are also Rheas, Snakes and our inquisitive Ferrets too!Established to raise awareness of a wide selection of breath-taking birds, this facility offers a truly unique experience. As well as having the opportunity to see how these amazing birds are trained and handled and to learn about every aspect of their daily lives, visitors have the chance to watch dramatic flying shows every day (during theme park opening hours). In fact, you could even volunteer to pull on a gauntlet and allow our trained raptors to land on your arm or have your photo taken with one of the magnificent creatures.Lightwater Valley Falconry is open all year round, and in addition to the main Bird of Prey Centre also offers a unique range of falconry attractions including Hawk Walks and Owl Experiences.
Leeds, United Kingdom
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Excellent Owl Experience”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My wife is a long time bird enthusiast and so I bought her the Owl Experience as a present. We went there today and had a superb time. She was able to handle 3 different owls and took part in flying a barn owl. We were given loads of information about the owls we met but also loads of info regarding the other birds present in the Bird of Prey Centre. I was able to tag along to take photographs at very close proximity. I can't recommend this place highly enough, adults and children will find it fascinating and informative. Well done and I wish continued success to everyone involved.

Visited February 2014
Christopher B, Manager at Talon Falconry, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Hi there,
Thanks so much for your great review.
We take great pride in our centre and the birds and on the experiences we give to guests, we are pleased you enjoyed your Owl experience and look forward to welcoming you back to the centre very soon.

Richmond, United Kingdom
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“A brilliant school trip”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I paid a visit to Talon Falconry with a small school group in prepapartion for a project that they will be working on. Chris and Gail were brilliant with the pupils, answering thier questions, talking to them at their level and giving us all loads of facts about the birds. Our main focus was owls, but we met may more of the residents and even got to hold a couple of the owls. We also experienced the silent flight of a barn owl as the pupils lay on the floor for the owl to fly over them. The pupils had a fantastic time and were able to ask as many questions as they wanted to.

From the moment I first rang Chris to enquire about taking the group, the experience was friendly and professional. It was clear that Chris is passionate about his birds and is keen to teach other people about them too. He was willing to listen to what I wanted to group to learn and tailored the visit around our requirements. Thank you for a great day out.

Visited February 2014
Thanks for your great review, we really enjoyed having you guys along at the centre, the children were great and very well behaved and myself and Gail are pleased that they got a lot from the visit, we look forward to seeing everyone back at the centre in the future.
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Fantastic...11th January 2014”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Bought the Owl experience for my husband as part of a Christmas present and so glad we took the kids with us.
Well organised and an hour of full interaction with the Owls. Geoff started off with Spud a "British Small owl" who we all fell in love with. From there he held the Tawny Owl Henry, followed by Jay the huge Owl (Siberian i think)..
The kids and I were in very close proximity to watch and even enjoyed the opportunity to stroke them all.
The barn owl Zepeedee was then brought out for Geoff to feed and watch fly to his hand for food..
Chris the owner was fantastic and very passionate about all his birds and give us a fun and complete run down on each bird.
Would highly recommend the chance to do this and will certainly be back!.

Visited January 2014
Christopher B, Manager at Talon Falconry, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Hi,
Many thanks for your great review.....We are delighted the owl experience was enjoyed by all and we look forward to seeing you again at the centre soon.
Masham, United Kingdom
“Totally Amazing”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I bought my children the owl experience. It was amazing the children loved it, as did my husband and I. It was very educational and a fantastic experience, the girls handled 4 different owls and flew one of them. All the staff were attentive, friendly, knowledgeable and simply lovely. I would recommend to anyone of all ages. AMAZING

Visited December 2013
Christopher B, Owner at Talon Falconry, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Hi,
thanks for your excellent review, we are really pleased your two girls enjoyed the owl experience, I will pass your praise onto Sarah who took the girls for the experience, I am sure she will be thrilled, we hope to see you back at the centre soon.
Ripon, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome Experience”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I bought the owl handling experience for me and my girlfriend. We both loved it! We got to hold 3 different owls (Eagle Owl, Barn Owl and Small Owl) and also got to fly a barn owl which was a fantastic experience. The staff were really helpful and answered all our questions. Thoroughly recommended!

Visited October 2013
Christopher B, Owner at Talon Falconry, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Hi,
Thanks for your excellent review.......we pride ourselves in giving our visitors the best possible experience with our fantastic owls and birds of prey.......we are delighted you enjoyed our company.