“Cycling the Way of the Roses”

Prima Pizzeria & Ristorante
Ranked #2 of 88 Restaurants in Ripon
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Established in 1985 and serving traditional Italian food of high quality at competitive prices, situated in Ripon's oldest street Kirkgate. This grade 2 listed building is the home of the city first and longest established restaurant with dining area over three floors and an extensive bar. Private parties can be catered for in a separate dining area on the first floor.there is an extensive "specials" blackboard which offers seasonal dishes like game or seafood and offering a early bird menu daily from 5.00 p.m. until 6.30 p.m.and we also cater for specialist dietary requirement.highly recommended on TRIP ADVISOR and FREE WI/FIbenvenuti alla mia casa
Tadley, United Kingdom
“Cycling the Way of the Roses”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

My wife and I and our son stayed in Ripon one evening and had a meal at this restaurant during cycling the Way of the Roses. There is an excellent selection of food. The lasagne and pizza were very good and the service was efficient and friendly. We would certainly recommend eating here.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Good food but quite pricey”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We went to this restaurant based on trip advisor reviews on a Saturday evening- 2 adults and 2 teenage daughters. We were sat upstairs as downstairs was full which was no problem for us - we had 3 starters and 4 main courses ( all pasta dishes ) and a bottle of wine. One of our daughters had 2 cokes the other was drinking tap water. The bill came to £90 which I thought was very expensive for what we had - the food was lovely although far too much pasta even for my husband but the price would put me off visiting again !

• Visited August 2014
franco f, Owner at Prima Pizzeria & Ristorante, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
hello I am very surprised at that
At the back of the main menu that was presented to you is the children menu
10 inch pizza with various topping from 4.75 to 5 £
All pasta are the same price and on top of that we do all pasta and pizza from the main menu in a smaller size at a discounted price, children drinks 65 p witch are 50 ml less then a normal size
I will be very happy to have a look at your bill in case we overcharged you. kind regards Franco
Thirsk
“The clue's in the name: Prima!”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

There has always been a good selection of top-quality Italian Restaurants in Ripon, and this establishment keeps the tradition going. The interior decor creates a Mediterranean ambience, which instantly engulfs you on entrance. The food's great, too: my Lasagne al Forno had a distinctive homemade feel about it, and I noticed other diners enjoying pizzas that looked very nice indeed. To cap it all off, the staff are very friendly, and were more than happy to cater for all of our requests, and went ABCD at all opportunities. The only minor adjustment I would make would be the music- it was more like the muzak you hear when on hold to a call centre, but this had a negligible impact on my restaurant experience: I will definitely look forward to returning in the future.

Ripon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good”
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Gone here a few times now and they never let me down. Very good for special occasions or just for a treat. The staff always deliver as does the chef. Highly recommendable!

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Just Nice”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We visited Prima for the first time yesterday. The décor was tasteful and original- consisting at one point of an entire wall covered in corks, and the atmosphere was pleasant. The serving staff were very friendly(although they weren't Italian, which always childishly disappoints me). After a moderate period of waiting, we were served our food, which was brilliant. The Menus were well chosen and had a short Italian lesson on the back, which was both amusing and enjoyable. The Ristorante is also far bigger than it looks at first, with tables both at the back and upstairs. Highly recommended.