“Nice food”

Prima Pizzeria & Ristorante
Ranked #2 of 91 Restaurants in Ripon
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Established in 1985 and serving traditional Italian food of high quality at competitive prices, situated in Ripon's oldest street Kirkgate. This grade 2 listed building is the home of the city first and longest established restaurant with dining area over three floors. Private parties can be catered for in a separate dining area on the first floor.there is an extensive "specials" blackboard which offers seasonal dishes like game or seafood and offering a early bird menu daily from 4.30 p.m. until 6.30 p.m.and we also cater for specialist dietary requirement.highly recommended on TRIP ADVISOR and FREE WI/FIbenvenuti alla mia casa
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Went here last week and wasn't disappointed, the service was good, efficient and there when needed, the food was served hot and amazingly both my kids ate the lot which is something usually unheard of! I had lasagne which was tasty, the only grumble was being seated upstairs without being warned it had been taken over by a very noisy group of 13 year old girls holding a birthday party!

1  Thank spendleb48

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I'm not usually a great lover of Italian restaurants, not for the taste of the food more because of its simplicity and the fact that everyone thinks they can do it.

I loved the food here. It was tasty, well cooked and full of flavour. It was so good all the plates were empty, even the kids plates.

I would definitely return.

1  Thank Alan B
Reviewed May 30, 2013

After trying a few other restaurants in Ripon while on short breaks there over the last three years we finally decided to give Primas a try. In the past we had walked past because it always looked full,but on this occasion we thought we would give it a go.To our surprise it was larger than it appears from the street.We were seated promptly and served a delicious meal by eager and friendly staff.From that night we were hooked and have been eating there regularly.The food never disappoints nor do the staff.

1  Thank BBYDurham
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had a great night at prima staff all very friendly peroni on draft which is great and although I had a beautiful pizza my wife's pasta was too creamy but overall a great night

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Lived in Ripon for a while now and always walk past this place as its always heaving! Finally went in with friends over the weekend and it was a little bit disappointing! The food was delish, the service was friendly but not what I would call efficient as my friend's meal did not arrive with mine, we had to ask for it as it appeared to have been forgotten, then when it came it had to be sent back as the steak was too rare (we'd asked for medium!) they did apologise but that was all, no discount offered for the inconvenience. It's pricey too, our meal for 3 came to nearly 80 quid!
I'd give them another chance though, as the food was very good. The menu is very extensive, possibly a little TOO much choice.