“Warm place in cold Ripon”
Review of Crescent Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ripon
Crescent Lodge
Ranked #5 of 19 Ripon B&B and Inns
Ripon, United Kingdom
“Warm place in cold Ripon”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I had to stay in Ripon for about 6 weeks. After staying in Crescent lodge for three weeks I was so happy that I decided to stay put for rest of the time. The place is very nice, clean, very close to the market place and have a wonderful breakfast. But the best part of this lodge is it's home like ambiance and the owners Penny and Paul. They will make sure that you feel right home. I stayed in Ripon during Jan-Feb which is not a very nice time weather wise, it's very cold. But I felt so warm with the hospitality here I almost forgot the snow outside. If you are visiting Ripon for a trip, look no further. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Thionville, France
Reviewed February 10, 2013

After 8 days at the Crescent I can't do more than confirm all the glowing comments. A practical clean room with good bedding and shower, the breakfast is really superb, and finally Penny and Paul, always smiling and ever helpful (even organising a handyman for me) Good value too. What more could one wish for?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank David W
Solihull
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed here 14th - 16th January 2013 on a business trip. Very friendly atmosphere, clean, warm and comfortable. I the room I had (No.2) was where I enjoyed a couple of nights good sleep. The breakfast menu was superb, all you could eat, and Paul and Penny make excellent hosts as nothing is too much trouble for them. My first stay with them but it will not be the last. I look forward to returning here when I next travel to this area.

Room Tip: Don't miss this.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed here for a month and i enjoyed my stay here. I cant forget the "Ever Smiling" face of Paul and Penny. Both are very very very helpful. The breakfast was very good and I liked the room I stayed. I always had the feeling that it was my home. I enjoyed myself there. If I get a chance, I wish to meet them and also I wish to stay there for a while. Thank You so much Paul and Penny and I wish to be your friends for ever.

Edith.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Derbyshire
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We really enjoyed our cosy weekend at Crescent Lodge and would highly recommend it to all of our friends. The Bedroom was warm, clean and comfortable and the breakfasts were very tasty with a good variety of fresh fruit, cereal etc. Penny mentioned the Ripon 'Hornblower' who blows his horn everynight at 9pm in the market place. We went and enjoyed the experience as the 'Hornblower' Mr Pickles was such a lovely character!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I have stayed here a few times when on business in the area. Rooms provide everything I would want. Beds are very comfortable - I have always had a good night's sleep. The breakfast menu is amazing and the cooked breakfast is perfect. I haven't had better breakfasts anywhere else.

Room Tip: I have been in several rooms - all good.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Penny and Paul made our stay in Ripon First Rate! Beautiful B&B. The breakfast menu amazing and diet required after stay! But the most important thing is just how welcoming and helpful Penny and Paul were. Nothing was too much trouble. Thank you so much for a relaxing break. We will be back!

• Stayed August 2012