“Snotty Manager”

Mario's Restaurant 27
Ranked #6 of 84 Restaurants in Ripon
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Mario's Restaurant 27 is a family run restaurant est. in 2004.We pride ourselves in home-made pastas,bread,pizzas,desserts and so much more.The Restaurant is owned by chefs Mario and Maria, and run by their son Marco, and his great enthusiastic staff.We have an array of menus sure to please everybody, from the Early Birds 5-7pm 9.99, House Menu changed monthly available all night 14.95 (both 2 courses, side order, coffee/tea.And also our A la carte menu with over 90 choices, not to forget the fresh specials changed daily.Situated 100 yards from Ripon's historic Cathedral, its a fantastic place for any occasion.Do not miss your chance to visit Mario's 27. Fabolous dessert board and also fantastic wine choices, we purchase and select ingredients locally to support local trade, as well as italian suppliers to give our customers a real treat and tastes of Italy.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Snotty Manager”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

Saturday afternoon 4.50, only one customer. We were asked by a somewhat harassed guy whom I assume was the owner/manager/waiter if we had booked, I replied no was that a problem and he then looked at his clipboard and made a palaver of finding us a table in an empty restaurant! This was a tiny table shoved into a corner. We walked out.

• Visited November 2011
3 Thank Aretheybothered
mariosripon, Manager at Mario's Restaurant 27, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Dear Sir/Madam

First of all WHAT?? this is a stupid and rediculous complaint.
I will explain why. I am Marco the manager and son of Mario the owner, and we work 10-15 hours per day!!! to ensure all our customers enjoy it here.

So to call me snotty!, or herrassed! i take great offense to that.
Also we open at 5 pm not 4.50, i know it seems stupid but in the restaurant trade 10 minutes make a difference, also that saturday was a MEGA busy saturday as they all are for us, so of course i will ask you if you are booked, just so we know which customers have arrived or not.

Also the restaurant may look quiet at 5 but how do you know how many people we have booked between 5.30 and 6.30???? if we were not busy we would not ask you if you were booked, so there must be a reason for asking.

You should count yourself lucky that we even gave you a table on a saturday night without booking, i was kind enough to find you a corner table and you call me snotty??? i take great offense to that, also if we have a table in the corner, it's still a table, so why you complaining?

Again complaints like this are a joke, and this is a serious business, so please only write in future regrading genuine matters.

Ripon, United Kingdom
“The perfect neighbourhood Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

Went to Twenty-Seven with 2 friends on a quiet Monday evening, having been turned away from Flo Brasserie a few doors away because the chef couldn't be bothered to do any more covers at 8.50 pm (see my report there!)
The staff were really friendly and efficient. Excellent food with a great choice. Between us we had starters, pasta, fish and steak - all were perfect.
This place is everything a neighbourhood Italian should be. We shall return here as first choice for supper in Ripon, particularly as Flo obviously don't want the business.

• Visited September 2011
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Great value, nice venue, friendly staff - yummy food!"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

I hadn't been to Marios for quite a while and I don't know why because it was always delicious food. A few friends popped in for the early bird (ends at 7 unlike others down the road which finish at 6.30. There was plenty of choice on the early bird menu and it was really good value at £9.99 for a starter, main and drink £9.99. The pizza is to be strongly recommended and there is a lovely well priced selection of wine.
The staff were very helpful but not too fussy and the venue is welcoming - small and cosy at the front and opens out at the back with so not too much of a tight squeeze. We were all so impressed we went again in September!

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Nicki H
mariosripon, Owner at Mario's Restaurant 27, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
Dear Sir/Madam
My name is Marco, i am the son of the owner of Mario's and also front of house manager.

Thank you kindly for the lovely review you have given us, we appreciate it immensly, we always strive to make our customers experience enjoyable, and we are so glad that was the case for you and your friends.
The Early Birds is a nice touch we do for our early diners, and there are 20 choices on the menu, so its like a whole new menu.
We hope to see you very soon on your next trip here to Ripon and to Mario's.
Thank you Kindly.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Excellent Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

I visted here with my Son, while camping in Ripon. We found out about here via trip advisor.

We got there for about 6.30 and were able to take advantage of the early diners deal. I had a starter which I shared with my Son and it was excellent. We both had Pizza for main course, which again were excellent. The base was freshly hand made and the toppings were just as good.

My Son had Ice cream and I had a coffee. The whole visit was a pleasure from start to finish, helped by very friendly staff.

I will return the next time we are in Ripon.

• Visited July 2011
Dear Sir/Madam
My name is Marco, i am the son of the owner Mario, and front of house.
Thank you for the lovely review you have given us on trip advisor, we are so glad we made your night enjoyable, and we would like to say a big thank you for being so kind about our restaurant, we hope to see you soon on your next visit and stay in Ripon.
Kind Regards
England
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

We were quite disappointed. The food was ok, but nothing special. My pasta sauce had some interesting ingredients, but it wasn’t anything that I couldn't prepare at home in 5 minutes. What annoyed us was that we were given a table just next to the kitchen door, and all the waiters were whizzing passed us in very high speed so that our table was constantly trembling. I don’t understand why we were sat there when there were plenty of other tables available. Judging from the reactions of people at the oppposite table, they were bothered by the very same thing. It was not our idea of a nice evening – we would probably have had better time at McDonalds. We wouldn’t go there again or recommend it.

• Visited May 2011
mariosripon, Owner at Mario's Restaurant 27, responded to this review, July 2, 2011
Dear Sir/Madam
My name is Marco and i am the restaurant manager and son of the owner, just thought i would take my time in replying to your review in may 2011.
Sorry to hear such a negative feedback from you.
I would like to start by saying thank you for taking your time to review us anyway, any feedback is appreciated.
Regarding the table near the door if there was some spare tables you could have just asked to move, we would have gladly sat you at a different one.
Also the building is extremely old, so you will feel some trembling of the tables there is not a lot we can do about that.
As far as saying Mcdonalds would have been nicer or better, we are family run and make home made food, which cannot be said for Mcdonalds, so putting us in the same category as them is extremely offensive.
We may not be to everyones taste, as no body is may i add!, we are not 100% perfect but we try our best.

We would gladly welcome you back to Mario's and hope that you would try something else from our menu, and see if we can change your mind next time.

We have made chnages to our tables now, thats all we can do with the space we have, so please if you would let us, we would love to change your mind.
Kind Regards