“Good place to stay”

China Fleet Country Club
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Nice setting , very clean every thing in the flat you need , swimming pool and spa excluded in you rental , staff very friendly would recommend to anyone ,

Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Sent my sister here for a surprise on her 21st with a friend, they said it was fantastic food was good aqua spa was the best and the massage was also excellent they will definitely return! All ages used the spa and the atmosphere was nice also , just one thing they said the main reception they went to first was a bit unwelcoming when they got directed to the barn spa eventually the reception and help etc made up for this! So over all worth the money just go straight to the barn spa if that's what you've booked and they will be recommending the spa!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights in April. Myself, husband and to small boys (2/4)
Rooms are very clean if a little dated.
Pool and spa are lovely.
Staff very friendly.
Food from cafe very nice.
Nature walk good.only spoilt by people not picking up dog poo.
Soft play and outdoor play area brilliant.
We had a great time.
As we left booking late we only had a twin room with sofa bed. We manged but when we re visit we will make sure we book sooner so we can have a larger room or bungalow.
We will be defiantly be back.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

we went here to use the spa and were not disappointed, we also had lunch. Sadly the aqua slide was closed due to lessons so did not get the opportunity to experience this.
The spa is outstanding and the value for money amazing.
We spent several hours in the spa and felt great after. we went to the restaurant for lunch. It appeared nice and comfortable and the staff were friendly and helpful. We decided to go for the special offer of two lunches for £13.50. Not the best idea in the world, it was pub grub, ok pub grub but very much pub grub. Frozen chips and steak with peas (the peas were lovely) I also had an issue with a large lump of dust and bits falling from the glass roof above on to my plate! I did inform the staff, I did not get a reduction on my meal, just an apology and they said they would look at cleaning it.
So food not great just OK, but the spa WOW and lovely, worth a visit.

1  Thank pippim
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I stayed at the China Fleet Hotel from 28th February for 2 nights, as Maid of Honour and part of the Hen Party for my good friend. When I initially made the booking over the telephone, I received an incorrect invoice by post showing a booking for only 1 night. I quickly rectified the Hotel's error and called the Hotel, where they amended the booking and sent out an invoice for both nights. Knowing both nights would cost a total of £250, I arrived with my group at the front Reception desk to book-in. The Receptionist asked for a payment of £105, at which point I stopped her and said ''this is for two nights though, we are booked in for two nights aren't we?'' The Receptionist looked at her screen and said yes, took my payment and handed me my receipt. We were all very happy as a group and the general consensus was that there must be a promotion on the Cottage. Lo-and behold, I return to London to be greeted with a phonecall to say that we owed the remainder. This was quickly taken to the general Manager, who started by offering a 10% discount, which soon changed to 20%. I was most disappointed with this, as it would mean I have to attempt to contact the rest if the party, to call the Hotel and pay their part. As everyone was already scattered all over the country, this has proven to be awkward and has left me feeling uncomfortable as the one responsible for booking the Hotel. The Manager attempted to say things like ''as this is partly our fault'', at which point I corrected him and repeated that I wasn't at fault at all and the Hotel had made two interlinking errors. Needless to say I will never personally be returning to the Hotel because of this experience. It is a shame, because the Hotel overall was great value for money. However one other issue of note was that the shower wouldn't drain and would actually overflow. I hope the staff are trained correctly in future and I find it a shame for the Hotel that what was a wonderful stay, ended on such a sour note.