“Wedding Days”

China Fleet Country Club
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Attended a wedding here, was very good and as Christmas decorated well. Food was nice and bar lady went out of her way to get my little boy some crisps

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Although a lovely and challenging course, I have given up my membership to the golf course through sheer frustration. It's not the cheapest and locally there are better, less cluttered courses.

The course itself is pretty well maintained and picturesque with some great holes and my playing partners and I have no real issue with the maintenance or the design.

The course let's itself down through poor management of the volume of people using the course. As a member, getting a weekend tee time is virtually impossible and they are usually fully booked the previous weekend. f you can get a tee, the course is so busy that rounds of 4 1/2 hours are quite usual and quite often you'll see people walk off the course when they get to the end of the par 5 14th.

Other than in the high summer, there are no marshall speeding people up, there is rarely a starter and no consideration of leaving longer when 4 balls are teeing off. Meaning you have to wait to hit every shot.

I feel really frustrated as this could be a lovely course but playing becomes so un-pleasurable when there are so many people on the course.

The majority of the pro-shop staff are brilliant, with only one or two lowering the level of service.

All in all, there a better cheaper, less cluttered, better managed courses locally and my playing partners and I will be playing these until we hear the China Fleet Club has improved.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

This is the 3rd year that a group of friends and I have had our "Christmas meal" here. We had the normal menu and everyone enjoyed their meal. Several of us had lamb and requested it "well cooked" and it was. The staff were attentive and friendly. The service was a little slow but there were Christmas events going on in other parts of the hotel so I guess the kitchen was busy. It didn't spoil our evening as we were busy catching up with everyone.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed for lunch here after our husbands had a round of golf whilst on holiday a near by Crylla Valley Cottages. Excellent meal, not stingy portions and value for money.
The children had a great time in the pool.

1  Thank waimara
Reviewed October 16, 2012

very quiet area with nice views. Don't be put off by the road down which goes through housing and looks like a residential road.
Nice facilities, well kept and clean