Maybe the management have read some of the reviews below and carried out staff training but I have to say that every one of the staff were polite, helpful and attentive during our stay at St Mellion. The food was good both in the brasserie and the An Boesti dining room. The room we had on the course side of the hotel was excellent and very comfortable. The weather was absolutely foul the first day and both golf courses were closed but we rebooked a tee-time for the following day and secured some electric trolleys too. Hats off to the greenkeepers who must have been having nightmares. The Kernow course was pretty boggy in parts and the greens were still recovering from being hollow-tined and sanded but it was an enjoyable round all the same. Wish I could say the same for the the Nicklaus course the day after. Not as wet and the greens were much better but some of the holes are absolutely vicious! All in all a great stay and hopefully we will return when the weather and my golf swing have both improved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy Unparalleled Rest & Relaxation at St Mellion International Resort Discover a world of cosmopolitan pleasures within the grounds of St Mellion. Set in 450 acres of breath-taking Cornish countryside, the resort offers an exceptional blend of four-star accommodation, inspired dining and outstanding business and event facilities. Located in Saltash, just 10 miles from Plymouth, St Mellion offers a well-deserved escape to the countryside right on your doorstep. Steeped in elegance; a place where miles of open green valleys wait at every turn. The resort is best known for the Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, the first European course personally designed by Jack Nicklaus, which draws accomplished and casual golfers from around the world looking to improve their game. With the addition of luxurious bedrooms, casual and fine-dining restaurant options, swimming pools, fitness, tennis and spa facilities, it's what makes St Mellion an all-encompassing leisure hub and resort of choice. Adding a friendly welcome to the exquisite setting of St Mellion, our team have created a luxury experience that anticipates the needs of our valued guests, offering you and your family endless possibilities for recreation and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your St Mellion International Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Mellion International Hotel Saltash
- St Mellion International Resort Saltash, Cornwall