I stayed at the resort from Sunday 18th November for five nights using the resort as a base for a golfing odyssey across Cornwall and south Devon. The hotel is very functional with excellent facilities. Being late November the St Mellion courses were waterlogged and closed but I was there for links golf not parkland golf. The hotel is well placed to travel to fine links courses such as West Cornwall, Thurlestone, Newquay, Bude and North Cornwall, Trevose, St Enedoc and Perranporth. As mentioned the hotel facilities are fine. The gym and spa area met my needs every night. The bar/restaurant area is spot on with live football shown each night on the big screen. The breakfast buffet was not the best, the cold offerings were spot on but the hot buffet was limited. My bedroom was as previously stated functional though the balcony view of the eighteenth green was most acceptable. All in all I think the hotel is a good base. Oh by the way the Pasty Shop about a mile down the road towards Plymouth is well worth a visit. The pasties are excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy Unparalleled Rest & Relaxation at St Mellion International Resort Discover a world of cosmopolitan pleasures within the grounds of St Mellion. Set in 450 acres of breath-taking Cornish countryside, the resort offers an exceptional blend of four-star accommodation, inspired dining and outstanding business and event facilities. Located in Saltash, just 10 miles from Plymouth, St Mellion offers a well-deserved escape to the countryside right on your doorstep. Steeped in elegance; a place where miles of open green valleys wait at every turn. The resort is best known for the Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, the first European course personally designed by Jack Nicklaus, which draws accomplished and casual golfers from around the world looking to improve their game. With the addition of luxurious bedrooms, casual and fine-dining restaurant options, swimming pools, fitness, tennis and spa facilities, it's what makes St Mellion an all-encompassing leisure hub and resort of choice. Adding a friendly welcome to the exquisite setting of St Mellion, our team have created a luxury experience that anticipates the needs of our valued guests, offering you and your family endless possibilities for recreation and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your St Mellion International Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Mellion International Hotel Saltash
- St Mellion International Resort Saltash, Cornwall