Great location, peaceful with views from the pool of the river. The pool was warm but on a Sunday morning as you might expect full of children having a good time The spa section was blissfully adult only and hidden behind double doors, a good size bubble pool but the access is a bit tricky for us oldies. Steam room & Sauna, both good, yes there is the odd mosaic missing and the rope steam room handle could be improved but very clean and super hot showers. Nice touches were the shelves to pop your towel on and the newspapers.
The Barn was fabulous, yes the treatments aren't cheap but if you know of somewhere where they are please share.
Apartments, good sized, steep steps to upstairs ones so if you are a bit unsteady get a ground floor. TV worked well, and the sofa was clean if worn, couldn't get broadband to work, advised by reception that it may have been the weather as the signal isn't good in all apartments, wireless signal in bar fine though. The bathroom clean, good sized mirror, with decent shower. The usual problem towels were not sized for human beings. Kitchen well equipped, fridge not in the best of condition but it worked as did the oven grill & all the rings. Iron, airers and spare bedding all at hand.
The beds in 28 need replacing mainly because they creak, it sounds silly but it really does keep you awake.
Overall we had a superb time and will be going back, it does need some money spent on the apartments i.e. the bedroom window double glazing has clouded but I'm only staying there not buying the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The China Fleet Country Club has 41 spacious apartments; all are en-suite with fully equipped kitchens and comfortable lounge / dining areas. Set in 180 acres of stunning Cornish countryside along the banks of the River Tamar and just 10 minutes from Plymouth it is an ideal location for visiting both Cornwall and Devon. China Fleet has long been famed for its championship standard golf course and its range of fitness suite, racquet sport, Aqua Spa, swimming and hair and beauty facilities. China Fleet offers unlimited WIFI access in all rooms and public areas, ample free on site parking, complimentary use of our 25 meter indoor swimming pool and Aqua Spa (includes steam room, sauna, Spa Bath, Laconium, salt steam room, ice chute, heated loungers, monsoon showers and relaxation area, minimum age 16) and reduced rates on all other leisure facilities. As well as our extensive leisure facilities the club also boasts excellent dining options with our Upper Deck Bistro and our Brasserie serving food for all ages all day. Terms & Conditions available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your China Fleet Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- China Fleet Country Club Hotel Saltash
- China Fleet Country Club Saltash, Cornwall