“well over priced”

Notterbridge Inn
Ranked #8 of 44 Restaurants in Saltash
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Notter Bridge Inn is situated along the bank of the River Lyhner, 5 minutes from Plymouth. Just of the Main A38 into Cornwall.The Notter Bridge Inn has recently under gone a major refit following closure for 5 months due to flooding in 2012.The Notter Bridge Inn has its own Animal Park for rescused aniamls and unwanted pets, you can enjoy a pint by the river whilst watching or rather whislt the Meerkats watch YOU!The Notter Bridge Inn is a a great meeting place for that quick spot of lunch or a full family get to together, we speacialise in all types of dietary requirements, from Gluten Free to Fructose intolerance.
Saltash, United Kingdom
“well over priced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

well over priced. would not serve steak as wanted. will not recommend or return. never got all on menu.

• Visited June 2012
5 Thank cid h
ARCSaltash, Owner at Notterbridge Inn, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Simple review! reviewer clearly like slagging off local places and only recently?

In reply to your review -

Steak we would only refuse to cook a blue steak, this is a personal choice as most people who ask for a blue steak actually will complain that its raw! and in fact do not understand the meaning. So as a blanket rule we do not serve blue steaks. But then I dont feel thats a reason to complain.

Never got all on menu? Everything is prepare fresh and most items cooked to order, there is no way of knowing what people will order if we didnt run out of things how would it ever be FRESH!!!!!

If you want something gaurenteed for the price you are clearly seeking may I suggest a trip to TESCO'S FROZEN DEPARTMENT.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“family meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

this was an oldy worldy type of property. The menu was extensive and the food was good. The staff know their job and very friendly

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Weddingtrip147
Norfolk
“Lovely place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

The food was great. The roast tasted fresh and the meat was succulent. Not overly priced, but not cheap either. Lovely friendly atmosphere, and a great little animal park next door to it, which I will definitely take my grand kids to at some point! Lovely setting by the river. All in all a great experience.

Devon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,326 helpful votes
“Disappointing pub and food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

We enjoy coming to rural pubs in SE Cornwall. The quality varies. The Notter Bridge Inn did not quite reach the mark. The bar staff were neither welcoming nor apparently interested. The big menu resulted in four indifferent and above averagely expensive old style meals. Twenty years ago this would have been routine but times have changed. I would not wish to put any individuals or families from trying the NBI but if your budget is tight or you don't go out to eat that often then it is worth checking the other Tripadvisor listings for Saltash and Liskeard before deciding.

10 Thank Cr0wM
County Durham
“Pub disappointing - Animal park seriously depressing!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

We were staying at the nearby Crylla cottages and decided to eat here and visit the animal park as we have two young children.

The staff at the pub were friendly and welcoming, we were told the wait for food was 15 minutes but it ended up being 45 minutes. I ordered lamb steak and veg, the lamb was so tough and chewy that I could not eat it, but as the portions were big I just ate the potatoes and veg. My youngest daughter had chicken and chips (the menu said chicken fillet and did not say the chicken was breaded and she didn't like it...also it did not come with any vegetables). The puddings were very nice. When the waitress collected my plate she asked if everything was ok and I told her I couldn't eat the lamb. I was asked again at the till and again I told her about the lamb, she apologised, but I did feel this should have been deducted from the bill!!

As for the animal farm,....AVOID....I can't believe that the other reviewers on here have been to the same place as me! There was an injured baby meerkat dragging it's leg along behind it, a parrot with no feathers on it's head, a raccoon pacing up and down over and over. Also rabbits and guinea pigs being kept in together which is not recommended....I quote from the RSPCA website 'The RSPCA advises against keeping rabbits and guinea pigs together for a number of reasons...' When I asked the woman working there why they are in together I was told 'the rabbit is blind and the guinea pig guides it!' hmmmm ok!!....doesn't explain the others in together either. My children were given the chance to stroke the guinea pig, but the hand washing facilities (a filthy sink and no where to dry your hands) were not acceptable.....

I honestly felt like crying when I came out......DO NOT VISIT THIS PLACE!!

12 Thank jinglepopsdurham
ARCSaltash, Owner at Notterbridge Inn, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Where to start on replying to this review?

I feel under the interest of the animals i MUST start here! Our Animal park which is highly recommended from comments below is a place where unwanted pets and mistreated animals have been rehomed. Pets people have had and not looked after or even abused, they are then rehomed to us by Local Councils, RSPCA, and other organisations. Some of them are in a bad way but there health is improving and some which have been in a bad way have made almost full recoveries, some may never recover but our at least now safe and care for, although this member clearly hasnt seen or taken this on board. Signs are placed around the park to inform and educate people of this, Clearly not read or understood?
The parrot rehome after being abused and seized by the rspca, cant fly as had its wings clipped wrongly by its owner distrissed and keep indoors for years? Which would you rather it had been left to suffer or rehomed in a natural place and is now being treated???????

Meerkat, well the meerkat baby has injured her back legs but they again are on the mend, meerkats are pack animals and if that baby was removed we would have to put her to sleep! she would never be able to be put back in with the group the chances of reintroducing is minimal due to the reaction of the other are likly to kill it. IS THIS FAIR? The baby is eating drinking moving around and is being treated and monitored, the best for this animal is to leave her and monitor her, not interfere as that would be signing the dealth certificate.

As for guiena pigs and rabbits your words are right RECOMMENDED there are many organization which recommend differnet things also. There have lived together for many years befor rehomming to us and infact whislt in our care and when they have been seperated them, they behaiour changed they became almost like depressed stopped eating and shown a lack of normal behaiour. As in there lives they have known nothing other than each other, it was decided with consultation to vets,zoos and the RSPCA to put them back together and they improved, think of it this way although not perhaps ideal would it be better to have pets that where together for years stay together and be healthy and happy or pets seperated and on there own unhappy?

Hand washing - until very recently hand washing facility where not a requirement only foam hand sanitizers, this changed this year and the sink was installed it has not been finished and hand towels e.t.c have now been installed, rome wasnt built in a day.

FOOD - I am sorry about the lamb steak if this meal was unacceptable then on checking it should have been offered to be replaced and dealt with i am unsure why this happed and this from a staffing point of view is unacceptable and we will look into it. The childs chicken isnt and was never in breadcrumbs, its coated in a seasonaing no bread any where near it? It also is clear it comes with chips and mayo no mention of veg on the menu? so im not sure how this can be complained about?

As for the time you waited again sorry for this we are the lucky few in the industry and are very busy which is good, as all of our food is cooked to order then there are times where there will be a wait and there is little we can do about this.

I think it is wrong and out of order people allowed to slate the animal park for all the wrong reasons perhaps places like ours should all close and animals be left to suffer in the hands of people who dont care?

I ll leave that thought for you all to make your own minds up?