“PERFECT!!!”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of The Hay Den

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

siobhanh...
Matlock, United Kingdom
“PERFECT!!!”
Reviewed December 22, 2015 for a stay in December 2015

I think anyone can see from the pictures that although the Hay Den is compact (see photos) that it is perfectly formed!
How anyone can not enjoy the peace and quiet here is beyond me The Hay Den is either not what there looking for or there not use to such perfectly formed accomadation, the phase you don't get big diamonds springs to mind!
When you can see that someone had put there heart and soul in to a place after what I only believe to be an horrendous few years for others to come in and throw negative, incorrect comments around I can only presume they've either never started there own buisness or are that narrow minded that there not even concerned about the impact there venomous words have on others!
The Hay den is a fantastic retreat and anyone who is lucky to stay here will have a fabulous time!!
P.s please refer to pictures to see size of accomadation

Date of stay: December 2015
phillh617
Ubud, Indonesia
“'Please don't make me stay here'”
Reviewed November 22, 2015 for a stay in November 2015

The first thing my girlfriend said when we arrived was 'please don't make me stay here'.

I just stood in shock after we were shown to the half a shoe box room which was deceptively touted with cleverly disguised photos as a studio apartment.

The angled crack which was supposed to be a shower room, freezing floor with its airplane toilet size sink and the cheapest Argos camp beds with a zero support squishy mattress and one tog duvet made both our jaws drop with abject disappointment.

You could stand in the middle of the room and the 'kitchen', bed and crack (bathroom) were half a step from each other.

Someone thought, oh lets make a bit of cash with our disused coal bunker, lets do it up for a few hundred quid and let it out. Oh and charge extra if you want to dry yourself
with a towel!!!

Needless to say we booked a hotel online and scarpered quickly. I did not make her stay there, and unless you like the smell of damp and don't care about getting sciatica
I really suggest you don't either!

She must have a lot of mates who offered to write good reviews about this place, because I cannot believe they are genuine!

It was really rather mean spirited when we asked for a refund and were refused point blank!!!

Date of stay: November 2015
Liked best: Nothing
Liked least: The freezing damp cold
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Katie W
Derbyhaven, United Kingdom
“Excellent cosy little getaway!”
Reviewed November 5, 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

I stayed at the Hay den for a whole month, whilst I was on placement for my Nursing degree. The views are incredible, unfortunately I didn't get to go out on any hikes as I was working 24/7 which was a shame! Accommodation was great, had everything I needed for the month! Sharon the owner, went above and beyond to help me with anything! She is a real lovely lady|! Due to bad weather, the internet wasn't very good quality and I had a essay due! Sharon went out and got me a cable to plug into the modem! Which was really appreciated!!! Cakes on arrival were yummy!!! Would highly recommended staying here! Accommodation is very cosy and very peaceful! Thank you so much! Highly recommend staying here :)

Date of stay: October 2015
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
bik3rz
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
“Fab accommodation, great views”
Reviewed August 31, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

I visited with my husband for a cycling weekend. The cottage was very cosy and we felt very well looked after. It felt like visiting a family. Nothing can beat the views and the home made scones and jam we've been welcomed with. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: August 2015
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location - peacefull and quiet
Liked least: not applicable!
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
vix242424
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“A fantastic little find”
Reviewed August 18, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

The Hay Den is perfect for a relaxing getaway. We were welcomed by Sharon who was very helpful and friendly and Dave the dog :-). This place is so peaceful and relaxing and is the cosiest and most compact place we have ever stayed in and the views are amazing. We will definitely be returning and would recommend to others.

Date of stay: August 2015
DStone72
“Lovely Relaxing Break”
Reviewed August 4, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

This accommodation has everything you need and more for a lovely peaceful relaxing break. The owner Sharon has thought of everything! Knowing it was our wedding anniversary she decorated the room with hearts and made us a heart shaped Victoria sponge when we arrived which was delicious. Thanks a lot Sharon, we can't wait to come back.

Date of stay: July 2015
tess717
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Terrific 4 stays holiday.”
Reviewed August 2, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

A charming host, beautiful scenery and plenty to do around the area made for a memorable stay.

The let was spotless and we were welcomed with tea and cakes by Sharon. Really, nothing was too much trouble as she made our holiday as comfortable as possible.

Date of stay: July 2015
Liked best: The warm welcome
Liked least: Leaving
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing