“beautiful animals”

Matlock Farm Park
Ranked #7 of 45 things to do in Matlock
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Matlock Farm Park is a family friendly open farm, providing a great day out with varied activities for all the family. The park has a large selection of animals to see including llamas, goats, peacocks, meerkats, chickens, pigs, alpacas, ducks and deer to name a few. There are specially designed playgrounds and even a go-kart track for the kids and many places for the adults to relax if they wish.Group party bookings and children's birthday parties are also catered for, please ring for details.There is a licensed cafe serving hot food, a classroom and a gift shop. Horse Riding Lessons and Pony Trekking are also available with prior booking.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Alfreton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“beautiful animals”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I visited on an extreemly wet day, not another sole there. It was a birthday treat for me from my 25 year old son and his partner, I don't know who enjoyed it more! Whilst it was true that most of the pathway was a muddy mess, that only made it more fun....we fed everything, laughed a lot, stroked a lot, got wet through but dried off in the rather stinky barn that had all the smaller animals in. Finished our visit off with a nice hot drink. We enjoyed it so much that we are returning for a birthday treat again this year....if you like being up close to mostly ordinary, although a few extraordinary, animals then an afternoon here can't be topped.I can only think that the day would be even better during dry weather, although there would probably have been many more people there

Visited June 2012
4 Thank TRACEY V

Little Hallingbury, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Great afternoon out, lots of animals”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

There's certainly lots to see here, The facilities (cafe/toilets) could be improved a bit to be in line with other attractions'. The staff are knowledgeable and friendly.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank VirtualOli
Derby, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Good value”
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

A great afternoon out for young children although I doubt you could get a whole day out of it. Excellent day though

Visited April 2013
2 Thank bbadbba_d
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A fantastic day out.”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The kids loved it. Lots of animals to pet and feed, you can purchase feed from reception at a small cost. lots of baby animals when we went, great for the kids. All the animals appeared very well cared for. My son had lots of fun on the new wooden play area and spent hours in the sand pit while we had a lovely cup of tea. This is our 3rd visit kids love it.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank suzy333
Derbyshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Julia B”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Lovely place to be!! Lovely new play area has just been built my 2 year old spent ages on this!! Nice to see a new building being worked on that will enable children to to pet the animals. The animals are really looked after and have heaps of space!! The biggest thing that stuck out for me is the farm has volunteers/workers helping at the farm. One of the workers had additional needs , my little boy went over asked if he could help and off they went feeding the chickens he let my little one scoop the feed into the coop, it was lovely to see i know you wouldnt get this type of customer service in many places with a tolerance to a two year demanding every minure "let me do it". Lovely place for a picnic and a stroll

Visited April 2013