“Lovely cafe and shop”
Review of The Cosy Cup - CLOSED

The Cosy Cup
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Snug provides a quirky and comfortable environment to enjoy a wide selection of drinks and delicious cakes, plus savoury snacks.
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Visited here with Mum and had a lovely cuppa and scone. Couldn't believe that mine was served on a posie plate, the china tea cups and tea pots were lovely. Hard to choose what to eat all the cakes looked so lovely.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

We came here en route to Chatsworth House. Mum was going to go to a nearby well-known coffee chain outlet, but I saw this place before we got there and we went in as I like supporting small independents - and this place is a great example of why. Friendly staff, an array of tempting homemade cakes, gorgeous crockery & teapots, and our food was beautifully presented. The ham had real flavour and was high quality, not the processed stuff so many places serve up nowadays. This is the kind of business we should be supporting so our high streets don't become clones of each other.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

My wife and I went for the first time after hearing about it from friends .We had the high tea lots of sandwiches small cakes and to giant scones with real cream and jam ,plus plenty of tea or coffee £ 19..00 for two

Reviewed April 23, 2014

This was our first stop off in Matlock. Very clean and bright surrounding, open, informative and friendly staff. I had a cream tea and my partner had a beef and rocket baguette from the Specials board. The only very minor criticism was that my cream tea was served to me very quickly with my partner's coffee but the beef baguette did take a long (ish) time to turn up. My partner I start eating before he received and the by the time his baguette arrived, I had finished my scone and was on my 2nd cup of tea. Apart from this, very enjoyable start to Matlock.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We visit this wonderful little cafe every Monday with our daughter, for breakfast or lunch it ticks all the right boxes. Real leaf tea is always a winner with my wife, and there is a good selection on offer. We are always overwhelmed by the vast selection of excellent cakes & take an age to contemplate the toughest decision of the day. We have never been disappointed by anything at all & believe me between us there's not a lot on the menu we haven't sampled. Service is always pleasant & friendly.