“lovely”
Review of The Cosy Cup - CLOSED

The Cosy Cup
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Snug provides a quirky and comfortable environment to enjoy a wide selection of drinks and delicious cakes, plus savoury snacks.
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I visited twice in two days - first time for lunch. The homemade veg soup was gorgeous - thick creamy and tasty and steaming hot - it would have been perfect if the bread with it was more interesting than plain white baguette. The pot of fresh leaf tea served with a vintage china cup was lovely - although it needs a jug of hot water - what ever happened to that practice...? I was so disappointed I didn't have room for one of the stunning looking cakes I made an excuse to call the following afternoon - the lime and pistachio sponge was delicious (just a tad too much buttercream for me). All in all an excellent venue. Very pretty surroundings and an interesting gift shop. Will definitely be dropping in again.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I've been here twice for tea and cake. Though not cheap (2 slices of cake and a pot of tea for 2 for just under a tenner) its a nice spot. Especially in the summer when you can look out over the park. The cake selection is very impressive (the courgette cake was great) and you get a generous sized slice and a pot of leaf tea for two is large. Will definitely return.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I'm a local to matlock and want to support bow so I went in for the first time with a friend for lunch and it was just delicious!!..lovely salad and a pot of leaf tea.fabulous cakes that I just couldn't resist!.Will definitely return.

1  Thank Sarafennah
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I love this place and often pop in for a coffee (frequently a scone as well, the cheese ones are superb). We have only lived in the area for 4 months and discovering Bow Boutique has added a great deal to our "popping into Matlock" experiences. We take all our visiting friends there, today (1st November) was my sisters turn. She is up from Devon and after cutting short our planned Chesterfield shopping trip because of the torrential rain, we arrived in Bow Boutique cold, wet and hungry. The soup and sandwich deal £5.50,was perfect. Beautifully presented, homemade vegetable soup and a cheese and onion sandwich just hit the spot. We were left pondering how can a grated cheese and red onion sandwich taste so good? The staff were friendly and obliging, oh and we lingered over a pot of tea and shared a piece of Lemon and lime and pistachio cake! Gorgeous. Sister says it makes the journey from Devon well worth while. We will be back.

1  Thank Sheple
Reviewed October 27, 2013

After getting caught out by the weather on a miserable Sunday, we decided to nip into the Cosy cup. Lovely atmosphere & friendly staff, coupled with great food & a good cup of coffee...didn't improve the weather, but set us on our way with a smile. Will be returning! Thank you.

1  Thank JanineandTom