“Every village should have one.”
Review of White Lion Inn

White Lion Inn
Ranked #13 of 130 Restaurants in Matlock
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The White Lion, a Great genuinely unique traditional British Pub, Great food and ales, real fires. Pedigree, Cumberland and and at least 3 other guests weekly, Carling and the new craft lager Revisionist. Food served 5.30 to 8.30. Tues to Friday and 12 To 9 Saturday,12 to 7 Sunday
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I am lucky enough to call this pub my local. I have eaten many times with my husband, friends, family and dog. Great selection of beers and a menu which frequently spoils for choice so good are the options available. I love to bring our well behaved grandchildren aged five and two. They love the pub and the friendly warm welcome we always get. However they are not allowed to roam unattended and understand the value of good manners and good behaviour. All down to good parenting. Keep up the great work Chris and Spence. See you again soon.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Visited for lunch today and couldn't fault it one bit. Food superb and well kept ale with friendly landlord and bar staff to boot. Will definitely be making the trip here again very soon. Stunning views and a spotless place but still full of real character.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I saw the negative review a few posts back and thought this sounds like out sort of pub! Neither my wife or I like having children running around out of control. We certainly would not let our young daughter disturb others. We arrived early as our daughter is only 15 months. We were made welcome by the staff and had a good table near the fire. Our meals were excellent and we had a good time.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I'm lucky enough for this lovely pub with it's friendly staff and home cooked food at sensible prices as my local. Local people, holiday makers and week end walkers all mix here to give a bustling atmosphere. If you are out walking, you can even take your dog in the bar!!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Just had another great meal at the White Lion. The staff are friendly & the food is great. I'm so happy this is my new local!