“Lovely, lovely lovely”

Cafe in the Park
Ranked #2 of 14 Coffee & Tea in Matlock
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our cafe is set in the beautiful award winning surroundings of hall leys park, we offer a wide range of light lunches, snacks and cakes many of which are homemade. We are open daily from 10am and offer indoor and outdoor seating, we also supply golf pitch and put, tennis and bowls hire from our cafe throughout the summer months and parent and toddler activity morning every Thursday during term. We are a small friendly family run cafe who believe in excellent food at an affordable price, we hope you enjoy our cafe as much as we do.
Reviewed January 10, 2014

A very underrated cafe. Lovely heartily winter warmer meals for exceptional value for money. And great customer service too. Give it a go.

1  Thank Lilly A
Kate L, Owner at Cafe in the Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us a lovely review. We pride ourselves on good home made cakes and specials at great value for money! We hope to see you again soon. Regards Kate.

There are newer reviews for Cafe in the Park

Reviewed December 27, 2013

It was time to book our 'Christmas Do' again and after a quick vote it was going to have to be back at The Cafe in the Park, Matlock as we all enjoyed it so much last year.

Once again the food was gorgeous (we opted for the Italian Bistro theme again) and as before all our dietary requirements in the party of 20 were met, to include, non-vegetarians, vegetarians and a non-vegetarian who couldn't eat garlic. Our requests were met with a 'no problem' and everyone in our group thoroughly enjoyed their meal.

I can thoroughly recommend The Cafe in the Park for fabulous food at a great price, the cafe was decorated beautifully and the service was second to none, nothing is too much trouble for Kate and her staff. Also, it's lovely to have the venue as private party, just like being in your own home (but better cooking!!) One of our party who had never been before is seriously thinking of booking it for her family she enjoyed it so much.

So if you are ever in Matlock try the cafe even if it's just for a sandwich or a coffee and cake (the afternoon tea is highly recommended too!) pop in, you won't be disappointed but if you want a different venue away from the usual restaurants in town the Cafe in the Park does a great night out!

1  Thank Rachel E
Reviewed November 30, 2013

This is the third consecutive year we've celebrated our girls Christmas dinner at cafe in the park. The food is superb, all cooked to perfection, served piping hot and delicious. Every attention to detail and such fantastic value for money. Thank you all for making our evening so memorable!

1  Thank Clare M
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We visited this lovely little Cafe last week on the way home from chatsworth. We had our daughter with us but she was in no mood to actually go into the cafe. I sent my husband and mother-in-law ahead of us to give me the opportunity to try and get my daughter to follow shortly. But as soon as we set foot in the Cafe she made it clear she does not want to be there. I was just about to leave with my screaming daughter, and no lunch, when one of the members of staff approached us with a basket of toys and books. She presented a peppa pig figurine and immediately she had a winner. I was able to go back to the table with the basket of toys and have some lunch myself. I was very pleased I was able to get some lunch because the homemade soup and sandwich was beautiful and great value for money. My husband and mother-in-law both had a hot special and said it was certainly something they would return for. What may have turned out to be a hungry afternoon for me turned into lovely day and lunch. This cafe is highly recommended not just for its food but for it's great customer service too.

3  Thank WrightSJ
Reviewed November 9, 2013

A group of met up at the café in the park for breakfast on a very wet Saturday morning. The staff where very friendly and the service and food where great.

2  Thank SDJJSK