“so relaxing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Matlock
The Stables at Homesford Cottage
Ranked #42 of 54 Matlock B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

found this little gem on the internet and glad I did,me and my wife was  celebrating our wedding anniversary and i booked the stables and was greeted with a young lady wearing wet yellow gloves and a big smile"private joke"and instantly new we were in good hands.location is great just down the road from matlock bath,great b&b rooms are excellent and the on-suite shower is lush,very very clean and the breakfast was more than expected can't find any faults.Julie is a great host and has a warm and welcome nature thanks for a great time. worth every penny

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Paulandhelen1123

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Having read tripadvisors reviews on The Stables, I just had to book this charming little B & B and just wanted to meet Julie as everyone had mentioned she was the perfect host..We arrived and was greeted by Julie and yes she is as lovely as they all said. She was very welcoming.
The accommodation was very well kept and to a very high standard. Julie gave us information about what to do in the area etc. The breakfast was lovely freshly cooked with quality produce and kept us going all day ( bigger than the usual b & b).
We would definately recommend this B & B .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MANDnSTU
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed here 6/6/13, and were very impressed, the room was very clean and decorated to a very high standard. Julie was friendly and knowledgeable about the area, and places to eat. We needn't have worried about traffic noise, we both slept soundly, in the extremely comfortable bed, with the windows open. Breakfast was fantastic, we didn't eat again till evening, most unusual for my husband! The range of drinks and biscuits in the room was a delight. The only downside was the fact there is nowhere to eat close by, but that was a small price to pay.
And for once I could sit in front of the mirror, with plenty of light, and power sockets close by to do my make-up and hair, just like I do at home. It just makes for a nice relaxed start to the day. Brilliant!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pamdrive
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed here on my own for two nights at a very reasonable rate no premium charge for single occupancy. The room was very large and decorated to a high standard spotlessly clean and the bed was comfortable. Everything you might need was provided including a selection of drinks and home made biscuits.I cannot find anything negative at all about my stay at the Stables. The room is close to the A6 which did worry me at first but I did not notice any noise and slept soundly . The location is great for exploring the Matlock area, plenty to see and do on the doorstep. Breakfast was lovely everything cooked to order just how I like, plenty of extras fruit yoghurt croissant etc. But the best thing about this B and B is the host. Julie was really friendly she made me feel welcome ,even providing a home drawn map with directions to Chatsworth. I would love to stay here again and I highly recomend The stables.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I spent 3 lovely nights here over the May bank holiday weekend. Julie was great, really friendly and chatty and eager to recommend places to visit and eat in, all of which were excellent recommendations. Breakfast was amazing, and the room was very comfortable (with lots of plug sockets :-) ). I will definitely come back again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This B&B was lovely, we received a warm welcome, our room was very clean with a nice comfy big bed, breakfast was excellent and we did a great round walk from the doorstep recommended by Julie the owner, perfect night away from our twins :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2012

What a great few days.
the stables are just lovely. finished to a nice standard and in a great location.

sitting next to the A6 I did wonder about the noise, but in truth the road is pretty quiet in the evenings and by the time you're in bed you don't notice it at all, so don't worry about that. Plenty of parking is available and it's a great place to stay.

Lovely thick towels, think bedding and warm rooms.

Julie, the owner is lovely too. very helpful and offering advice/suggestions etc
She also serves a lovely breakfast!

Just wish I had a few more days!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple