“Chips”

Ranked #99 of 130 Restaurants in Matlock
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have got chips before here and they are really nice but the fish is not that good or anything else! I would definitely visit again as I could go for a walk in the park!

Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited Matlock today and decided to give this chip shop a try we normally eat at matlock bath but recently have been disappointed so thought we would have a change. The fish was delicious with brilliant batter. The chips were lovely to it was a good size portion and very filling. We will visit again.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

On a tour of my native county, I was in Matlock at about 3 o'clock yesterday afternoon (May 17th). Breakfast was in Bakewell and about five hours ago, so I was hungry. I walked past the Matlock Fish Bar and paid my first visit to a Wetherspoons for some time. Disgusted by the way their prices have rocketed, I went back to this place. I'm glad I did. I opted to eat in and the young lady who took my order was very pleasant and attentive.

Ok, so chippie food is basic, but then, so am I. The food was piping hot, with nice large portions and served on a good sized plate. I didn't have anything else to eat that day, I was so full. It does cost an extra 20p to eat in - that's ok. The place was clean and bright. Tables were cleared quickly as people left.

Walking through Matlock Bath later, I was glad I ate here. The same meal was up to £2 more. To quote Arnie - "I'll be back."

Reviewed May 16, 2014

We go there occasionally and usually eat in. Yes the seating is fixed, but to be fair, its not a big shop, there isn't a lot of room.
The food is always hot, never had a problem with that, or miserly portions and the staff always greet politely with a smile on their face. They are always nice to the children too, which as a parent, its something you notice. Prices are not over priced, you pay slightly more to eat in, yes but you do in most places. It costs about the same for the three of us to get full meals than what it does to get a drink and a snack at a local coffee shop.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Good honest traditional take away fish and chips.
Choice of sitting inside too, although this time we didn't.
Food was hot, fresh and tasty.
Good value, and friendly service.

1  Thank winkertonk21