“Excellent choice of beers”
Review of The Thorn Tree

The Thorn Tree
Ranked #38 of 130 Restaurants in Matlock
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a small pub, with a strong focus on real ale. We serve lunch Tuesday to Friday (12 Noon - 1.30Pm). We have a pie night every Wednesday (6pm - 8.00Pm) and we serve roast dinners on a Sunday (5pm - 6.30Pm). However, we don't serve food on any other evenings.
Reviewed April 21, 2014

In Good Beer Guide, when i saw that it was a Greene King pub, my heart sank. What a surprise, a choice of at least 6 beers from different breweries. excellent value for money, well kept and served

Hfry2, General Manager at The Thorn Tree, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Hi Stanley,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our pub. I am so pleased you enjoyed a drink with us - we try our best to source the best beers from all over the country.

Many thanks again, we hope to see you soon.

There are newer reviews for The Thorn Tree

Reviewed April 15, 2014

15 of us descended on this local establishment for a Sunday Lunch. A quick call before hand to inform the chef of our choices was required as this is a small local pub. You take your chance for seating, but we were blessed with a sunny day and were able to sit outside. I must admit that the sunday roast was of the highest calibre and the desserts were just mind boggling- I thought they were for sharing. Oh forgot about the value for money..pretty amazing. Friendly staff and great food..what more could you want..many thanks !

Hi!
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our pub. I can recall the Sunday you joined us for dinner! We are all really pleased you enjoyed it - nothing beats a good Sunday dinner!
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Went for lunch, four dined, four sarnies. These were served on doorstop bloomer bread, cheese and onion x 2 a tuna and a bacon and Stilton which was delicious , all served with proper homemade wedges. About £4 ish a sarnie, and was very good and a large portion. Only downside is that the pub is quite cosy and I can imagine it is really busy in summer so you might struggle to get a table

Thank you for your review of your meal with us - we really appreciate it. I'm glad you enjoyed your lunch with us - the bacon and Stilton sandwich is a particular favourite of mine!
As you pointed out, we do get a bit hectic during the summer months and we are quite small, however if you use our website you can always book a table with us - outside if you'd like (weather permitting) so you can enjoy our wonderful views!
Thank you once again, we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Used to live two minutes walk away from here, so had to see if it was still there when I visited the area after 15years. Great beer in a nice atmesphere, the best pub in matlock I think, my 1st port of call when I'm next in matlock.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Brilliant Timothy Taylor Landlord perfectly pulled, great service, could not ask for more!!! This is a gem!!