“Nordic Walking Lunch”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Great food, great service, large booking couldn't fault it, will be back for more.
very accommodating with the parking too.

1  Thank maisie04

Reviewed February 14, 2014

This pub has been very nicely upgraded in recent years. The staff and management seem very pleasant and welcoming. The food is very reasonably priced and there is a good selection of ales. We have visited twice in the last 10 days. On the first occasion, they couldn't supply a port and lemon (no demand). Yesterday, they couldn't supply one of the vegetarian meals (too much demand). The alternative was from a packet of filled pasta, with a few leaves on top - no sauce - very bland and unappetizing. However, my 3 meat eating companions were very impressed with their simple, but well cooked and enjoyable meals. Personally, I would prefer to pay slightly more for a meal and get something I couldn't prepare myself in 5 minutes at home for £2. Having said that, it is a pleasant environment and we will give it another go.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We picked this pub as a good base for a local walk. But when we arrived for lunch they didn't seem to know anything about our booking even though it had been booked for while. But when they sorted it out 10 mins later it was a great meal. The food was lovely and hot, service was fantastic we will be going there again perhaps on a drier day!

1  Thank sarah b
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Booked a table for dinner after reading all the great reviews so our expectations were high. We were greeted by a young, friendly waiter who seated us in the restaurant. It was surprisingly quiet for a Saturday night with only one other couple. The starters were tasty - fish cakes, garlic bread and duck. The mains were plentiful in size and the lamb shank was the best, falling off the bone like it should. The chicken madras curry wasn't very authentic or rich in flavour and came with a shop bought naan bread. My son and mother-in-law ordered scampi which came with a huge pile of chips but they found the scampi disappointingly small inside the batter. My father-in-law enjoyed his generous portion of gammon, eggs and peas. We only sampled one dessert which was the chocolate cake which was devoured by my son in seconds so this gets a thumbs up!
On leaving we noticed a menu chalked up by the bar with pies and burgers etc which would have suited us more possibly.
Overall, a friendly and efficient service, nice decor, food mostly good and reasonably priced.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Having heard good reports of the food/beer served here my son in law booked our family of 8 in for Christmas dinner. I was a bit doubtful as to what to expect on Christmas Day but there was no need to worry as the food, beer and friendly service proved to be excellent. It's what I see as a "proper pub" with a good atmosphere, choice of ales, burning fire and if Christmas dinner is anything to go off, great food.