“Fantastic coffee”

Ranked #102 of 134 Restaurants in Matlock
Cuisines: British, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Twenty Ten in Matlock is all about 3 things: FOOD - our menu offers light bites or something a little more substantial..All our meals are freshly prepared, and we have a selection of Gluten Free / Vegan & Vegetarian meals on our menu. DRINKS - We offer a large selection of drinks to suit all tastes, whether its a Cocktail , Cask / Craft ale or one of over 100 spirits on offer. MUSIC - we have a live band every SATURDAY NIGHT...starting around 9.30pm..or how about FRIDAY NIGHTS? we mix it up so it could be a DJ playing some Soul or an Acoustic Night
Reviewed June 3, 2012

It was pouring with rain we popped in and had a coffee, fantastic modern place with tables and chairs at the back for dining or if you fancy something else you can sit on comfy sofas and chairs, music good, radiators blasting and it's June lovely and warm, pity we had to leave, if you have your laptop with you or iPad you can use the free wifi even though when we visited it was broken. Would definetly recommend a visit.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

We only popped in here for a drink, unfortunately they do not do food after 17:30. However, really nice atmosphere, bar staff friendly and a nice relaxed feel to it. Good to find a bar that does not have the standard tired pub feel.

Reasonably priced bar as well.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

My husband and I visited 2010 for delicious large cappuchinos on June 1st at 5pm after 'Costa' was busy, untidy and noisy and then finding Regent House closed at 4.30pm. Glad we did as Mike serving us was pleasant, polite, helpful and extremely precise in ensuring our cappuchinos were made to a high standard, which was also accompanied with a shortbread biscuit, which is unusual for most bars and coffee rooms. I do hope they start doing mochas too soon!!

Being a lady on my own on a regular basis I visited this bar last summer as all other coffee shops in Matlock close so early, again, the visit was most accommodating for a lady on her own, with service and standard of drinks being top rate plus the added bonus of a side nibble on the side.

This same evening we had a problem extremely noisy female customer (5.30pm) who was being difficult and disturbing other customers, this person was immediately exited by the bar man who sincerely apologised to me and said that this 'never usually happens'.

I also suggested a loyalty card scheme and a much better selection of 'veggie' options, lighter bites and summer menu, this is going through which would greatly benefit customers and 2010 both. Very pleased now that the other 2 coffee establishments were unsuitable.

Thanks again Mr R. @ '2010' and also for your kind gesture offered to us.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

My son and I popped into 2010 for a late lunch on a weekday. It was quite quiet but had clearly been busy earlier as the barman was working hard to make sure all the plates were cleared away. There were comfy settees and armchairs with low tables, and dinner tables to choose from. We chose to sit at a table and were quickly given a menu and our drinks order taken. Its not a huge menu but as it is a cafe bar not a restaurant that's to be expected. What was great though, was that everything we ordered was tasty and well cooked. Service was polite and friendly and it was clear from the chats that the barman was having with customers that they went there regularly. If I lived in Matlock I think I would too. Lunch for two including one starter, 2 mains and several drinks was £27.00 which I thought was very reasonable.

2  Thank Mothership1408
Reviewed March 26, 2012

great food and good atmosphere. The live band in the evening was good too.