“Amazing food and brilliant service”
Review of Viva Italian

Viva Italian
Ranked #4 of 130 Restaurants in Matlock
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated in beautiful surroundings of the county town of Matlock Derbyshire, Viva restaurant creates an environment to enjoy the true taste of Italian and contemporary cuisine.Viva is a modern, glamorous restaurant which offers traditional Italian food made from only the freshest and finest quality ingredients. Enjoy a totally different dining experience, as our open kitchen brings the restaurant to life. Our friendly and lively atmosphere is ideal for family meals, parties or special occasions, and romantic meals for two. Italian cooking is all about using the freshest possible seasonal ingredients and skilfully using basic cooking techniques to enhance their flavour. Interact and watch your food being cooked by our chefs for full piece of mind.
Reviewed January 2, 2014

La Viva hosted 40 family and friends for my 40th birthday gathering and everyone of my guests commented on the lovely food and how great the staff were accommodating us. Nothing was too much trouble in the planning of the event and we all enjoyed a lovely meal. Staff were so friendly and helpful and it was a thoroughly relaxing and enjoyable afternoon; I really didn't want to leave and can't wait to goi back again.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
italiaitalia1234, Owner at Viva Italian, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Helen,
Thank you so much for writing a kind review for us on TA. I am so pleased that your birthday celebration went well for you. I think the staff had just an enjoyable day as you guys did.
We look forward to seeing you or any of your guests again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Viva Italian

Reviewed December 21, 2013

My friends (Joe and Heather) and I frequent Viva Goodlife Bistro quite regularly. Throughout our many 3C outings, we have gotten to know a wonderful waitress named Jenny. Honestly Viva, we miss her. She is very personable, outgoing, and valued customer service. We have not had a better waitress since she left. We feel lost without her here.

Sincerely your valued regular customers,
Jody, Heather, and Joe of 3C

5  Thank Jodyjean22
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

It's the first time I have been to this Italian restaurant but had heard good reviews from my girlfriend and her family so awaited to see what was install with intrepidation. Well I can honestly say I was really pleasantly surprised with the quality and service. The food was really nice and very tasty. I would happily recommend this establishment to any friend or family as I know they will not be disappointed. Keep up the good work viva italia.

1  Thank Desciple0
italiaitalia1234, Owner at Viva Italian, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Dear Customer,

Thank you for writing a review for us on TA. I am pleased that you enjoyed your birthday celebration with us at Viva. Thank you for recommending us. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We had excellent service and food. We took my 2 girls, one who is 3 and the other who is 6 and they were treated and spoken to very well. Very impressed with the staff, thanks for a good night, see you very soon.

1  Thank Antony B

Hello Bridger Family,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us on TA. We are pleased your two daughters enjoyed their meal at Viva too. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Visited this restaurant tonight for my anniversary with my partner after it had been the first place we had been for dinner, kind of a reminise. The food was wonderful as usual and the presentation great. I had the bushetta which came on a slate board. The portion sizes are good leaving you full but not over faced. I booked online before hand which is always advisable as it is a very popular place - I messed up the day and date and the communication was excellent to ensure that I managed to get the reservation I wanted. The only criticism I have is that my reservation wasn't written on the list for the sittings which resulted in them squeezing us in and therefore needing the table back earlier than I had been quoted by email which is probably why they didn't offer us dessert (my partner was treating me so I was all prepared for the full 3 course affair!) I would still return again however as it is a great place for good Italian food and the service is good.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for writing a review for us on Trip advisor. I am very sorry you felt slightly rushed. We did have your booking on line and in the booking book. However, you were missed off the table plan. Again I am very sorry for that. On Fridays and Saturdays we have 2 sittings which sometimes disappoints people if they come on the first sitting and then feel slightly rushed for us to have the tables back for the second sitting bookings but in the times given 3 courses can be ordered. Again I am very sorry you missed out on dessert.
We hope to see you again in the future.