“Fantastic”

Ranked #4 of 130 Restaurants in Matlock
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated in beautiful surroundings of the county town of Matlock Derbyshire, Viva restaurant creates an environment to enjoy the true taste of Italian and contemporary cuisine.Viva is a modern, glamorous restaurant which offers traditional Italian food made from only the freshest and finest quality ingredients. Enjoy a totally different dining experience, as our open kitchen brings the restaurant to life. Our friendly and lively atmosphere is ideal for family meals, parties or special occasions, and romantic meals for two. Italian cooking is all about using the freshest possible seasonal ingredients and skilfully using basic cooking techniques to enhance their flavour. Interact and watch your food being cooked by our chefs for full piece of mind.
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Visited Viva restaurant with my fiancee the day after valentines day and had a fantasti meal, huge portions for the price i paid. The service was incredible and i would advise that anybody visiting matlock or anybody living in matlok that hasnt been yet to go as soon as possible as it was perhaps the best meal i have had in a while. four cheese pizza and a huge garlic bread. thankyou will definatley be back

15  Thank bradley b
There are newer reviews for Viva Italian

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We visited this restaurant recently, having enjoyed a couple of really good meals here last year. We were pleased to be accomodated at short notice despite the restaurant being almost fully booked. We looked forward to enjoying another good meal, however, a group of rowdy people with choice language on a table nearby did not make for a good start to the night. The service was good and we enjoyed a nice meal although we felt that the portion sizes were smaller than on previous occasions. Unfortunately, following our visit, my husband suffered from severe food poisioning and was laid up in bed for a few days. I was lucky to not be so severly affected, however, did not feel well. Prior to this visit, we would have recommended this restaurant, however, following our bad experience we will not be returning.

3  Thank Charlotte B
Reviewed February 23, 2013

A well presented restaurant with a welcoming decor.Menu offered was mouthwatering and balanced. On booking a table I asked if foods were available to suit wheat-free dietary needs - were comforted by the fact that these needs could be met. However on selecting foods from the menu the waiter was unsure what we were requesting even though I explained the reassurance given via the phone call. Anyway overall the food we were provided met the needs though less covincingly than originally expected.
Other than that, the food was delicious! The range of pastas and pizza dishes we ordered were all beautifully presented and tasted gorgeous. Also I was impressed by the availability of beers from Italy rather than just a basic range.
We would go back so long as the dietary needs are met. Overall I fully recommend it!

7  Thank Domdomdomdom_13
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is a modern restaurant, so don't expect the empty Chianti-bottles dangling from the ceiling. The food served is of high quality with a tendency to include the standard items that English people go for (garlic bread, breaded mushrooms in a garlic mayonaise etc.) . There is a great choice of pizzas, pastas and main courses with meat. I have enjoyed a choice of starters and a main course that consists of a very good steak (filetto) with a lovely gorgonzola cream sauce. I am Dutch, but every time I get to Matlock and my English friends aren't present (they take you to a curry every time!) I find myself a table at Viva's and enjoy the excellent meal with a nice bottle of wine to go with it.

15  Thank Kaboskabouter
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have eaten at Viva before, but chose this time to go with my 2 nieces, making a total of 5 kids with my 3! However, 2 adults to 5 kids was no issue with the Sunday Pizza making offer. The kids really enjoyed making pizza with chef and their pizzas tasted great! They enjoyed it, our food was excellent an the service was great. We will be back whether its with the kids or not.

14  Thank Richard S